Thank you, DCU!

So I’m not a collector really but I saw other folks posting their thank-yous here for the gift packages they received and thought I’d chime in with mine. I just got home and what do I have waiting for me but a sweet little (well, not so little) package from the DC Universe!

First, I just wanted to say it’s actually really humbling to have been selected as a Community Hero in the first place. I’m not sure what I did to deserve it, but I’m honored and as I was unpacking the box it actually made me a little emotional. I don’t think I ever won any online contest I ever entered anywhere or anything, so this was special. Thank you so much!

And the things I received were perfect. Everyone got the awesome Doom Patrol poster and pins, and the letter, but the other things are personalized, so I was really touched to receive the Detective Comics trade paperback (#696-974 and Annual #1) featuring Batwoman prominently on the cover. The Martian Manhunter action figure is super cool and probably my favorite one of them all.

And then the biggest surprise was the beautiful hardcover deluxe edition of the first volume of Bombshells. It’s like you peeps know me so well :slight_smile: This was truly amazing and such an uplifting thing. Wish I knew how to post photos here but oh well. Again, thank you so much to the whole DCU team, I love you all! You’re awesome humans!

Peace and love,
Mae

17 Likes

Congratulations. Sounds like a sweet haul.

3 Likes

Congratulations @Mae, I hope you enjoy the stuff you got! What are you planning on doing with it first?

4 Likes

Thanks! First, I’m gonna read these books, already started the Detective volume, it’s not a story I have read yet. Then tomorrow I’ll probably give a couple of my pins away to friends as a subtle DC Universe advertisement :wink:

4 Likes

Fall of The Batmen was a good read. I hope you enjoy it.

3 Likes

@Mae, sounds fun!

2 Likes

Congrats on the recognition and cool new things :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Congratulations @Mae!!!

3 Likes

Nice ! :diamonds::black_joker:

3 Likes

High-five! Freeze frame!

3 Likes

You painted a perfect picture with words, Mae–and that’s a terrific bundle of stuff!

2 Likes

Thank you! Words is what I do :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yay! Happy to hear the good news, @Mae! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

You’ve consistently embodied the virtues of a hero, @Mae. You have strong principles and work hard to make sure they’re defended fairly. Thank you for your vigilance and passion!

5 Likes

Thank you for the kind words @Applejack and everyone else!

:heart::orange_heart::yellow_heart::green_heart::blue_heart::purple_heart:

3 Likes

nice, certainly deserved from day one … admirably calm logic and patient words are traits to aspire …

4 Likes

yay! We’re word-buddies, too!

3 Likes

Sounds like a sweet selection. I really got to read Bombshells, it sounds just up my alley. Hope you enjoy them, you deserve them.

2 Likes

Bombshells is awesome, I really enjoy the vintage character designs, and it’s just a fun ride.

2 Likes