Thank You DC Universe

@Applejack has made a statement in her Office Hours Topic

That is good enough for me
And I will stop talking about this.

1 Like

Whatever happens, I’ve greatly enjoyed the last two years and the new friends I have met through this site. I wish all the employees the best in these difficult times. Thank you for especially making the pandemic more bearable.

1 Like

Hello.

Due to the news of DC layoffs that I heard today, I thought I should create this topic as a public letter to DC and Warner Bros.
So, I LOVE using DCU. For the original shows which have been amazing and the vast library of amazing comicbooks that I would never be able to afford to read as much as I have been, if not for this monthly subscription.
I don’t think I’m alone when I say that I’m worried about the survival of the DCU app and that if it were to go away, myself and countless others would be deeply emotionally disadvantaged, especially in this time where state gov’t has largely prohibited the things that made life livable, like seeing family, friends, church, and cultural events. For me, reading the best of the comics available on DCUniverse has kept me going and made life so much more livable during this pandemic.

DC, please keep this service going, and keep comics alive.
My fear is that some higher up in the corporate structure will say “screw comics, its too much trouble” and that matching talented writers and artists (and editors) with excellent characters the way they have been for 80 years will simply stop for no good reason at all. And then we’ll all be worse off. Please don’t let this happen

7 Likes

I second what truetolifemagic said. Absolutely love DC Universe and Kudos to DC universe to bringing to life Titans and bringing back Young Justice!

Very much saddened by the layoffs this week and extremely worried about the future of DC universe.

Please keep DC Universe alive!

3 Likes

My subscription ended last December but I’m still able to post here, so I just dropped in to say what an epic fail my experience with DC Universe was. I had ONE simple request- to watch everything complete from beginning to end without the annoying “Skip Intro” prompt appearing onscreen, and without the interface telling me to watch the next episode while the end credits were rolling. A simple on/off setting for this would be all that was needed- I got plenty of “we appreciate your feedback” messages and the like, but after a YEAR NOTHING was done. Yes, other streaming services do this also and I do not subscribe to them either- this is extremely annoying and there is no reason to have it forced on all users. I hope everyone responsible lost their jobs, and I won’t be at all surprised if DC Universe goes under completely.

The good news is that I’ve heard HBO Max is NOT doing any of these things, and I would be subscribing to that right now if it worked on my Roku. As soon as it is and maintains a respectful presentation, I’ll be subscribing to that.

I agree with you 100%. DC Universe is such an amazing resource. Even if they took the original TV shows away and gave them to HBO Max, it would still be worth it for the extensive library of comic books. Whereas is someone going to be able to read comics from the Golden Age to now? I would be very disappointed if they closed DCU down.

3 Likes

DCU has been hands down my favorite app service above disney and netflix. From the forums to the amazing library if comics. Ive always been a batman reader but thanks to DCU I have been reading EVERYTHING from swamp thing to green lantern to flash. The cartoon library is pure gold as well. The DCU exclusive shows have been masterpieces …dont want to live in a world without DCU. Just wish we got some official news instead of slowly torturing us with bad news after bad news.

2 Likes

DCU has kept me sane through quartine and covid craziness please keep it is awesome!!! its great having so many comics at my fingertips and it is just wonderful.

2 Likes

I’m chiming in for the first time in a long time to echo my deep appreciation for the DCU app and all of its content.

3 Likes

I like the service, but the writing has been on the wall for a long time. Att/WB should just fold this app into HBO Max and keep it alive as part of the main app.

1 Like

I signed up to check out Harley Quinn. I then discovered Titans and fell in love with Doom Patrol. But I also greatly appreciate the comics, classic series, and the community.

Even without new/exclusive series, I would 100% stay for the rest. I hope they would be able to keep the older series and cartoons (and the community, of course), but frankly, I would stick around for a while even if it was just the comics (maybe with a little bit of a price drop, hopefully?). There are so many back issues, classic era-defining storylines, and golden-age/silver-age comics I would never feasibly get to read without an app like this.

1 Like

I think it would be a great idea to make DCU a section on HBO MAX similar to how Disney+ has a Marvel and Star Wars section. So when you click on the icon you are brought here essentially. The interface is still good and it would be a shame to throw it out entirely.

Oh wow this topic brings back memories. Swamp Thang being cancelled, man that was a crazy day on here. I sure miss @Gibbyhertz it was great when you were here. Never saw a member stand up for themselves like you did to bullies who claimed to be “Tolerant”. You rocked man.

I want to give a big shoutout to the devs and teams of DCU, ive long awaited some sort of replay function for the shows and as it might not be a replay button its nice that all my watched episodes are renewed and restart once you finish them and im greatful to get one more chance to rewatch all my childhood favorites before the possibly leave DCU. On another note i want to say how sorry i am to everyone who has lost their job at DC and DCU amidst all this craziness and wish all of you the best.
Again i thank all of you very much for the new feature and for all of the hardwork put into DCU in general.

2 Likes

Do you want DCU to stick around ? Post here your support ! Lets show them we care about this service. The more replies the better. It’s easy to do and certainly can’t hurt.

2 Likes