Tell us what comic book was the first one you ever read! Mine was Wonder Woman Rebirth Issue #5!

the sandman #4 form neil gaiman

It was a random issue of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles published by Archie Comics.

I actually don’t remember what my 1st comic I read, I was really young. I can tell you what comic book got me serious into collecting comics, and that would be Superman #123, 1st Electrical Blue Superman.

The New Teen Titans and Batman a death in the family

Blackest Night #1. Seems weird especially now looking back seeing how many things they reference that I was being introduced to in that story but it immersed me with almost every DC character that is important to the universe and it was a pretty fun story.

The amazing spiderman #306

Kamandi #17.

When I was very young my brother had a bunch of early Bizarro, Bat-Mite and Herbie comics that he would read to me. Those are the first comics I remember seeing.

The first comic I remember pulling off a comic rack and begging for was Fantastic Four #48. “Mom can I have this? I want to see what happens to the Giant Baby!” (Giant Baby = the Watcher, I was only 2 years old but it is a very vivid memory.)

The first DC book I remember buying was Batman 209, love that Tiger Head Batman cover.

The comic that turned me into an obsessive collector was Kamandi 12.

Unsure if it was in the Death of Superman story or a random Archie.

Transformers #1 (yeah, the original back in the 80’s. Still have those first four actually.)

It’s been a long time for me. I know a lot of my early comics were issues of Batman and Agents of THUNDER that my dad has a kid. But the earliest I can clearly remember is All-Star Squadron #47. Gave the origin story of Dr. Fate and he’s been a personal favourite of mine ever since. I read and re-read that issue until it fell apart.

When I bought movie tickets to see Batman v Superman, I got 5 free digital DC comics with my movie ticket. I read one of the Superman comics (I think it was from volume 6 of Superman in the new 52). After reading one issue, I was hooked! I now have a bookcase FULL of DC comics books.

The first comic book that I ever read was my dad’s old copy of The Uncanny X-Men #109 (I didn’t know the book’s value at the time), but the first comic that I ever bought was DC Comics Present #59 (the comic featured around the Legion of Substitute Heroes) (I bought this one out of a back-issue bin not when it first came out) .

It was an issue of Knightfall with Two-Face on the cover. Cant remember the issue number. That was my first comic I picked up. I was like 9yrs old and would carry it around with me everywhere and read it nonstop.

1 Like

Believe mine was the old Captain Carrot and His Amazing Zoo Crew! #15 Way back in 1983.

The Flash arc The Dastardly Death of the Rogues was my first foray into comics.

Batman Knightfall #11

The first comic I read or owned as a kid was Battlestar Gallactica #1 clear back in 1979 I think. I got the first two in the series in a goodie bag at a Christmas party for factory my dad worked for. The rest as you can say is history.

It was either an issue from funeral for a friend or knightfall.

Mine was Crisis on Infinite Earths Issue 8, it was my first introduction into The Flash (was sad to find out it was his last at that time lol.)