Teen Titans: Year One (And any other short-lived series you love!)

Yeah, it’s hilarious and a completely different take on the character. It’s great.

1 Like

It’s not on here, but The Mighty by Peter Tomasi, Chris Samnee, and Peter Snejberg was great. It was a 12 issue series, and I believe Comixology has it.

1 Like

@McEddard
Looks interesting… I love that creative team, so I’ll probably check it out.

It’s beautifully done but my gosh be ready for the child abuse

Oh jeez. I’ll be sure to check it out if I get the chance tho. Thanks for the info.

Huntress year one

1 Like

^Sorry I was referring to Teen Titans Year One.

Oh? What aspect do you think of as child abuse? Not judging, but I want to be on the look out for it so I don’t ignore anything problematic during my next read through.

My best guess is the Batman and Robin relationship which definitely has some emotional issues, but it never stood out as different from their problematic relationship in other runs. Could be wrong though.

Just the beginning where he punches Robin (who looks more child than teen to me), Diana seemingly has abandoned Wonder Girl to fend for herself and both Speedy and Aqualad are attacked by their mentors before they know what’s going on.

It’s just darker tone than I was expecting for a series where everyone looks more like a kid than a teen

Right, but with our spoilers, it’s all kind of explained by the end of the first or second issue.