Yup, you read it right here, folks! Every Saturday for five months, we’ll watch two randomly selected episodes of the Teen Titans cartoon. Since they’re not necessarily in order, there will be a break in between both episodes.
Do you want to be part of this watch-along? Continue reading below.
Who?: Anyone reading this far into the thread
What?: Teen Titans (2003)
Where?: Anywhere you can access a DC Universe subscription—legally
When?: Saturday, September 12th, at 6:00PM PST/9:00PM EST
Why?: Because we’re
like family, so we have to hang out. (Also because it’s fun.)
How?: Like this!
- ACCESSIBILITY: To access this show, go to the “Movies & TV” category, click “Animated Series”, and sniff out the Teen Titans cartoon from 2003. Alternatively, find the show under “Cartoon Network” on HBO Max.
- MULTITASKING: This is not merely watching a cartoon; that’d be too easy. Watch both episodes on a larger device (), and use a smaller device () to make comments during the show.
- READY TO ROLL: For the first episode, strike the play button right at 6:00PM PST/9:00PM EST. For the second episode, strike the play button right at 6:30PM PST/9:30PM EST. Since each episode is about 22 minutes, we’ll have a small intermission in between.
- SHOW MUST GO ON: We’re not skipping the theme song at the beginning. You are allowed to skip the end credits. After all, we’re
- DO NOT GET LOST: If it’s 6:01PM PST, we’re a minute into the first episode. If it’s 6:31PM PST, we’re a minute into the second episode. If you do get lost, let us know in the comments. I’ll tell you which minute we’re on.
The episodes for this week are as follows:
1. “Sisters” (Season 1, Episode 2)
When an alien probe shows up to haul Starfire away, Starfire has no idea why it came. And when Starfire’s sister, Blackfire, shows up to visit, Starfire just wishes she would leave. Blackfire’s wild, cool and hip, everything Starfire’s not.
2. “Only Human” (Season 2, Episode 4)
When Cyborg was a fully human athlete, he loved trying to do more than he thought he could do. He always gave 110%. But now that his muscles are mechanical, Cyborg’s limitations are built in. No matter how much he tries, 100% is all he’s got.
So call your family together—evil siblings included—and give this watch-along 110%, because the watch-along for these two episodes starts tonight!