Teen Titans Go! vs Teen Titans

Well, the OG’s looks were pretty off, they were adapted to the TTGo! universe. That was perhaps the most disappointing thing about it.

All the clips I saw of this move are hilarious. I need to watch it.

2 Likes

Yes you do. It’s really freakin good.

2 Likes

I don’t think the same studio that did TT did TTG.

IMO, the original TT team was “close enough for govt work”. It worked, it had very much the same TT “flavor”.

Look at JL vs F5, even Timm said they used the old DCAU character designs, they weren’t an exact match to JL/JLU.

2 Likes

I did enjoy the crossover overall, enough to cough up $12 for the DVD. The OG’s weren’t terrible, though OG BB was way too serious most of the time, and he barely had any lines at all, it was TTG BB who did most of the talking.

As I said above, I think the two teams met halfway, or perhaps somewhere in the middle, which I guess was inevitable. The OG’s sang the silly songs and danced (though I still think OG Raven would have refused to participate) and the TTG’s were often very serious.

The BBRae scene was cute, clearly a bone tossed to the shippers. I was half expecting an OG BBRae scene too, or at least for them to be blown away seeing the affection their counterparts showed each other, but no dice.

More likely to go to HBO Max, along with the TTG TV series whenever it’s run on Hulu concludes.

1 Like

Hey I know this is old, but just in case you haven’t watched it yet… you definitely should! It’s cute, the cast is great (especially the boundless energy of Scott Menville), and most of the jokes land. And the songs are so dang fun! Haven’t watched the TTG show itself at all, but that movie is legit what got me into exploring DC more. So I owe it a lot! :smiley:

2 Likes