Teen Titans Go! vs Teen Titans

Got the chance to watch Teen Titans Go! vs Teen Titans today. I don’t regularly watch TTG!, as I stopped watching things on cable years ago, but I have caught the odd episode and clip here and there and always found it to be quite funny and irreverent. This movie very much continues that brand of humor and it actually works. It’s very funny, and meta, and makes me wonder why people blindly hate TTG!. Now I want to actually watch Teen Titans Go! to the Movies.

9 Likes

@Truth_of_Pisces Two questions for you. One, how did you watch it? Like did you physically buy the Blu-ray? And two, do you have to know anything about Teen Titans Go to watch it? Cause I love the original Teen Titans show but I know next to nothing about Teen Titans Go!

I dug TTGvTT also. It was alot of fun.

@Dead-Velocity9 you don’t need to know anything about Teen Titans Go! To enjoy the movie. It works all on its own and is definitely worth the watch. I usually always buy mine on digital. It would be awesome if it showed up on DCU someday.

2 Likes

TTG! to the Movies sets up this crossover. I personally don’t like TTG!, since it is more of a comedy than an action/adventure. TTG! to the Movies was enjoyable though and had both comedy and action. Very self aware.

I bought it on Blu-ray, as I still prefer physical ownership over digital. And no, you don’t have to know anything about TTG! to enjoy this. TTG! is an irreverent comedy series, that focuses on laughs instead of connective stories.

2 Likes

I think TTG vs TT is a great way to learn about TTG if you’ve watched TT.
All the core voice talent is the same as well.

I recommend it for anyone who is a TT fan, a TTG fan (since some TTG folks have never seen TT) or if (like me) you are a fan of both.

2 Likes

I am a fan of both shows. It was so much fun!

2 Likes

I found that the two teams met halfway. The TTGo! team was a bit more serious than usual, and the OG Titans were a little sillier. All in all it was a fun watch.

1 Like

All I wanted going in was one scene of OG Robin hitting Go!Robin in the face really REALLY hard. …I was satisfied.

4 Likes

This has probably been asked a billion times (but I missed it). Is this movie going to end up on DCU eventually?

2 Likes

Maybe eventually, but with Cartoon Network holding some control over what gets put where when & for how much, I’m not holding my breath for it anytime soon. Much in the same way for Batman vs TMNT.

I really enjoyed it! It’s always a lot of fun to see different versions of familiar characters play off of one another. :slight_smile: The story was fun and I think it did an excellent job with not taking the premise too seriously.

2 Likes

I love both of the series! I always thought TTG was hilarious even though a lot of people hate it, and I very much enjoyed their movie. I’ve been meaning to watch TTG VS TT. Is it worth it?

3 Likes

Great fun

The two Ravens are great as are the interactions between the two Robins.

SPOLER The Multiuniverse is involved leading up to the climax. Think BIG.

1 Like

Teen Titans Go is very funny and self aware how silly it is. Can’t watch for too long because it is a little brain dead humor but for a quick laugh, yea it def works.

2 Likes

Absolutely!!! One of the things to remember is all the main TT/TTG characters are voices by the same actors. So they are doing both roles at the same time.

2 Likes

I would highly recommend it! :smiley: It’s a fun ride from start to finish.

3 Likes

What’s interesting is that in other languages, the Go! voice actors are different than the OG’s. I noticed this when watching in Spanish.

All in all, it wasn’t that bad. Speaking as someone that kind of got sick of the “derp-random-and-also-farts” style humor TTGo had devolved into, this was much more coherent and bearable than some of the episodes when I stopped watching. It’s not as entertaining as the theatrical movie, but it has a few decent jokes.

The musical interludes seemed more akin to the DTV Disney sequels of the '90’s as opposed to actual musicals like classic Disney or even the Steven Universe Movie. Occasionally the 03 Titans seemed a little–off in personality, but not overly so. Also, did it bug anyone else, even a little, that they didn’t bother to detail the upper lips on 03’s Cyborg or Raven?