Tech Tuesday: The Zombies. Which DC Universe Gadget Will Save You?

Welcome back to the next episode of Tech Tuesday! The place to live out your own heroic fantasies with some of the coolest gadgets, weapons, and gear available in the DC Universe.

The Setup

We all laughed at the CDC for having a legitimate strategy for the event of a zombie outbreak.

“It’s just for movies!” we said.
“LOL! Found my partner to play Left 4 Dead 3 with!” we said.

Joke’s on you, the zombies are here. It was just a couple at first, but then it was some and then it became many. Now, they’re at your door and they’re hungry… or angry. Definitely some negative emotion.

Kelex respects the efforts you’ve put in in previous weeks and is willing to give you a hand to let you see another day. Let’s see what’s on the list this week!

How It Works

We need Kelex’s assistance! Use Kelex to roll for a random number out of 6. You can do this by commenting and saying “@Kelex roll 1d6”. Our friendly resident chatbot will then give you a number out of 6. This number indicates which Gadget you’ve received based on the list of gadgets below. If you’re unsure of how the gadget works, we’ve left a short description for each gadget to help you!

Now, all you need to do is take a look at the gadget and tell us how you would use it to save the day. You can be as creative as you like! :slight_smile:

Gadget Details

1. Agent Liberty’s Armor - Comes complete with a shield, retractable blades, and a jetpack. If you’ve seen the Purge episode of Rick and Morty, you’re on the right lines.

2. Super-Computer - Usually located in the Fortress of Solitude (not today!) and capable of doing more work than any other computer on the planet.

3. The Celestial Bow of Yi & a ton of arrows - A bow fed by a true archer. If that’s you, something special is about to happen!

4. Sunblade - A divine blade. Super on fire, super strong. Follow its light to find where you need to go.

5. Cicada’s Daggers - Sharp daggers, capable of absorbing the life force to resurrect the dead. There’s definitely room for functional misinterpretation here!

6. WILDCARD - You get to pick your gadget! (Out of anything in the DC Universe!)

6 Likes

:cold_sweat::persevere: @Kelex roll 1d6

2 Likes

:game_die: 6

2 Likes

As I look at the window thinking Swamp Thing came out to say hello, as I look out it’s bunch of Zombies!:cold_sweat::scream::persevere: The only thing I could think of is, run out in the back and jump in Wonder Woman’s Invisible Jet, and that’s what I did and got away safely.
And I flew to The Watchtower where it’s safe to go!
The End…
:st_swamp_thing:

4 Likes

@kelex roll 1d6

3 Likes

:game_die: 5

3 Likes

We meet again, Cicada Daggers… y’all know how this goes. I’m making that zombie army into my confused human crowd.

5 Likes

I didn’t do this yesterday! oh no!

2 Likes

@Kelex roll 1d6

2 Likes

:game_die: 3

3 Likes

ooh celestial bow.

if i remember correctly the bow can use any type of arrow and the arrows have mystical properties. I think…

well assuming im right, I would use the bow to shoot brains at the zombies. because im keeping them well-fed and safe, they’ll praise and follow me, effectively keeping me alive so i can help them. I’ll provide for them and be treated as a king. I won’t die, they’ll be under control, and I’ll be their leader. All in all, it’s a good day to be undead.

2 Likes

i used the bow right, right?

1 Like

@Kelex roll 1d6

1 Like

:game_die: 6

2 Likes

First left 4 dead such a fun game. Good memories.

Wild card interesting

I just use a black lantern ring to control the zombie horde as I’m am now the ruler. And we will live a peaceful life in our own zombie town. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

@Kelex roll 1d6

1 Like

:game_die: 3

1 Like

A celestial bowl? Okay, I suppose I can drink from it…

Oh, a celestial bow

I don’t know much about archery, so I suppose I’ll have to turn into an intergalactic arrowsmith (I can’t say “Celestial Archer” because that’s taken.)

I use the first few arrows to aim for the zombies’ heads. At least, I aim for the zombies’ neck, so they’re heads bounce off and they can’t bite me.
They’re zombies, so they’ll survive.
Following 99.9% of zombie movie tropes, I gather a team of other people who have survived but haven’t used the @Kelex, including

• a once-gleeful, now strict/cynical/serious guy from far away that has a cyborg arm
  • the local smart guy who tries to cure everyone but ironically gets infected himself
  • the egomaniac/impromptu captain who is eventually listed as missing, and
  • an ironically- or hilariously-named comic relief guy who is one of the few remaining humans.

Perpetuating the trope, the team (more or less) investigates and infiltrates the area with the most concentrated zombie activity. The tough guy and I disguise ourselves as zombies. We start bickering for some reason in the middle of the zombie lair; I goof up and compromise both of our identities.

The other comrades come in and help us out. I use the arrows best I can to fend off the zombies as usual. Then, the big zombie comes in, some Bizarro/Frankenstein-like creature. Half of us direct our power to attacking him. Using the brand-spanking new celestial bow, I target the arch-fiend’s weakspot, depowering the head zombie forever.

However, because the zombie in his lair was only an inferior manifestation of the outbreak itself, his energies simply return to the rest of the zombies upon his defeat, and he is able to continue the invasion and his plans as he did before.

3 Likes

@Kelex roll 1d6

2 Likes

@Kelex roll 1d6

2 Likes