Tech Tuesday: The Super Hero. Which DC Universe Super Power Will Save You?

Welcome back to the next episode of Tech Tuesday! The place to live out your own heroic fantasies with some of the coolest gadgets, weapons, and gear available in the DC Universe.

The Setup

Things are getting out of hand these days. Vaccines are being handed out and more and more people are venturing outside of their bubbles.

This is usually a good thing, but not for your town. As people have started venturing out, there’s been a significant uptick in crime. Robberies, muggings, carjacking, hacks, shootings. If you can name it, it’s probably happened.

Unfortunately, the police are busy enough as it is. It’s time for someone to step up and that someone is you.

How It Works

Things are a little different this week! We can still use Kelex, but it’s not for a gadget. You will pick a super hero ability from any hero in the DC Universe and tell us why you think that ability is the one that will save your town!

So let’s type ‘@kelex roll 1d6’ and find the answer!

Gadget Details

1. WILDCARD - You get to choose your ability!

2. WILDCARD - You get to choose your ability!

3. WILDCARD - You get to choose your ability!

4. WILDCARD - You get to choose your ability!

5. WILDCARD - You get to choose your ability!

6. WILDCARD - You get to choose your ability!

3 Likes

yay

2 Likes

wait @Alec.Holland it’s just wild cards no matter what?

2 Likes

@kelex roll 1d6

3 Likes

:game_die: 6

3 Likes

@Kelex roll 1d6

2 Likes

:game_die: 3

2 Likes

All wild cards, all day!

4 Likes

Wow! I got the ability to adjust time! I put time at a complete standstill and run around my town. I throw all the criminals I could find into a cell in the police precinct. Then, I kick all of them as hard as I possibly can, before changing them all into bikinis to humiliate them. After that, I write a sign saying “a gift from the time master”. Then, I realise that’s trademarked and change it to “clock king”, but that’s the same issue. Eventually, I just change it to “A gift from me. These criminals’ time is up!” Then I run out and let the time stream go back to normal. How does the flash not drown in his sweat?!

4 Likes

Wow that’s great, I got a Wildcard, how lucky can you get.
Well, I always wanted to be a Legionnaire, so I will pick Braniac 5’s super intellect.
I immediately go into my lab and mix up a batch of chemicals and compounds which never existed until now and develop my Reflective Mist and water treatment.
Basically what it does, is effects centers of your brain, and allows the feelings and emotions of the individual you are harming to be felt by you.
I spray it over the town and add it to the water supply.
As usual it works, but is not quite as effective as I thought it would be.
Only about 95% of the crimes stop as due to the feelings created, the would be criminals can’t finish their criminal acts.
Well, I guess I’ll leave the other 5% to the other Legionnaires, no need to make them obsolete, they will need to keep their skills sharp for the Great Darkness, I see on the horizon.

5 Likes

@Kelex roll 1d6

3 Likes

:game_die: 2

3 Likes

Oh wow! A Wild Card! Who saw that coming? :smiley:

Ok so, I got the ability to talk with animals. I realize this while I’m sitting with my kitten and she tells me to move over a little bit. I do that and then realize I understood her. We freak out a little bit and then decide to use this power for good.

I go around town and build up a following of animals. Mostly dogs and cats, some birds, a couple bunnies and one hamster who got out of its cage two weeks ago and hasn’t figured out how to get home yet. I tell them all to look out for crime and to do what they can to help. Obviously, without hurting anyone.

Now, I have an animal herd following and we help stop criminals. We stop a guy trying to take an old lady’s purse and then someone else trying to break into a jewelry shop. After that, word spreads. And crime drops dramatically. A job well done!

As my kitten and I head home for the night we drop the hamster off at it’s house. We ring the doorbell and then run, leaving the hamster on the front porch. We can hear a young girl laughing when the front door opens.

Mission Accomplished.

5 Likes

sounds like something @Don-El would post…

4 Likes

Wait, you mean The Talking Cat?

4 Likes

yeah

4 Likes

@kelex roll 1d6

3 Likes

:game_die: 3

3 Likes

Wild Card! What are the odds?

I’m going to take the power of Dream of The Endless and set a blanket of sleep over every criminal in the city, buying our resources the time they need to catch up with the workload.

6 Likes

poor @SpoilerAlert88

2 Likes