Tech Tuesday: The Quake. Which DC Universe Gadget Will Save You?

Welcome back to the next episode of Tech Tuesday! The place to live out your own heroic fantasies with some of the coolest gadgets, weapons and gear available in the DC Universe.

The Setup

This week, you’re walking through Downtown Los Angeles. Maybe you’re on vacation, maybe you live there. There’s tall buildings either side and huge crowds of people going about their business. You don’t notice it at first, but the ground starts to shake. It grows more and more violent as cracks start to form in the street and building foundations start to give way. You hear a chorus of cries to your left. It’s a school bus full of kids. Falling rubble has pinned the vehicle in place and the door is buckled inwards. You can potentially save them and yourself! Your love for DC convinces Kelex to grant you one item to use to try and save yourself and/or the school bus full of children. Roll Kelex to find out what you’ve received!

How it works

We need Kelex’s assistance! Use Kelex to roll for a random number out of 8. You can do this by commenting and saying “@Kelex roll 1d8”. Our friendly resident chatbot will then give you a number out of 8. This number indicates which Gadget you’ve received based on the list of gadgets below. If you’re unsure of how the gadget works, we’ve left some details for each gadget to help you out!

Now, all you need to do is take a look at the gadget and tell us how you would use it to save the day. You can be as creative as you like. I’ll be taking the best 5 answers in a poll and sharing them with you in the next installment of Tech Tuesday :slight_smile:

Gadget Details
  1. Green Lantern’s Power Ring - A ring of power that provides the wearer with a whole roster of abilities. You only have enough power to use one, so choose wisely!

2. Batman’s Batmobile - A vehicle with an impressive amount of utility. Only 2 seats though!

3. Big Barda’s Mega Rod - Capable of creating massive concussive blasts and incredibly sturdy!

4. Wonder Woman’s Gold Armor - Renders the wearer invincible. Closing the helmet also provides a safe oxygen supply.

5. Elongated Man’s Wish-Granting Gun - You only get one wish. Choose wisely!

6. Mr. Freeze’s Cryothermal Gun - Complete with both an ice blast and an acetylene flame, perfect for breaking through doors, windows and other such materials.

7. The Bat Signal - Seriously, go home. This is a job for… someone else.

8. Wildcard - You choose your item!

Last Week’s Best Solution?

0 voters

8 Likes

@Kelex roll 1d8

3 Likes

:game_die: 1

4 Likes

As I see screaming kids in the school bus, it was about to be crush by a falling rumbles, I hurry and took the Green Lantern ring out of my pocket and put it on my finger to become Green Lantern, I hurry to make a train track with train on the track with empty cart to catch the falling rumble and move it away from the school bus.
Then I check on the kids to make sure everyone on the bus were ok. Andd thankfully they were. What cause this I wonder?
After the bus left, I look around, to see, and there in the alley I see Brainwave glaring with evil smile. As I went after him he had the sonic sound in my head to stop me from getting him,THE PAIN! I have to stop him no matter how much it hurt, as I was overcoming the pain, barely with any power left, I swing my arm and hit Brainwave with a fading green energy boxing glove with one punch! HA! I’d like to see the Green Arrow to try that! Then after that I sent Brainwave to jail where he belongs.
The End…

8 Likes

@Kelex roll 1d8

4 Likes

:game_die: 1

3 Likes

I immediately put the Green Lantern ring on. I focus and create a giant hand and I pull the bus out of the way of the falling rubble. Once I put the bus down next to me I create a protective bubble around myself and the bus. Then I extend it upwards to try and stabilize the buildings falling apart around me. Once the quake passes and the buildings stop swaying, I slowly dissolve the bubble making sure that the buildings are okay on their own.

I use the the ring to open the broken door of the bus. I would then leave quickly while everyone was trying to figure out what happened, so that I wouldn’t be noticed.

8 Likes

A very creative use of the ring!

I honestly did not have Brainwave in mind when I created this scenario, but I love that you took it that way. Sounds like a victory for ReaganFan!

6 Likes

The old Irish Exit, eh? I like it. A hero does the right thing because it’s right, not because they’ll get any praise for doing so.

I like the use of the bubble to stabilize the buildings around you, that’s super clever. The kids are lucky you were there!

6 Likes

Thankyou @Alec.Holland! :grinning:

5 Likes

@kelex roll 1d8

4 Likes

:game_die: 3

3 Likes

Got myself a Mega Rod, eh? Well, the problem with Barda’s signature weapon is that its concussive force is liable to make the accident even worse if I try to use it as intended. Those powerful blasts would devastate the surrounding area, sending me and the kids to our dooms.

However, I happen to know that Barda’s Mega Rod functions using the same principles as the Fourth World’s Boom Tube technology. And in emergencies, Barda has been shown to use her Mega Rod much in the same way a Boom Tube is, by using it as a teleporter.

Now my new problem is, even if I can get that functionality working, I have no idea how to program where a Boom Tube lets out. I do know one thing, though – this isn’t just anbybody’s Mega Rod. It’s Big Barda’s Mega Rod. So if it’s programmed to take its user anywhere, it’s probably her house.

So, what I do first is get as far away from the kids as possible- just in case I fumble with the Rod, and accidentally blow myself up, or wind up on Apokolips- and try to boom myself to the home of Big Barda and Mister Miracle, conveniently also located in downtown LA. Then I get whoever’s home to come back with me and save that school bus!

8 Likes

@Kelex roll1d8

3 Likes

Hello! I am Kelex. I can assist you with matters like community features and more. To find out everything I can do, say @kelex display help.

3 Likes

@Kelex roll 1d8

3 Likes

:game_die: 7

3 Likes

I feel so honored to be apart of this poll

5 Likes

Luckily, the Batman was undercover in downtown LA, helping the Outsiders in trying to track down Ra’ Al Ghul’s latest scheme. I was helpful to Batman in the past by providing information on unsavory individuals, that he needed for his investigation in LA. He gave me a portable Batsignal to use in the event of an emergency. I take it out of my pocket and turn it on, Batman, Black Lightning, Orphan, Signal and Katana answer the Batsignal, and quickly go into action. Black Lightning incinerating enough rubble to allow the rest to enter the Bus and rescue everyone.

6 Likes

@Kelex roll 1d8

3 Likes