Welcome to the premiere of our new segment: Tech Tuesday! The place to live out your own heroic fantasies with some of the coolest gadgets, weapons and gear available in the DC Universe.
This week, you find yourself in line at your local bank. It has a large lobby with marble floors and several floor-to-ceiling pillars throughout. There’s a large chandelier above, several fire alarm buttons across the walls and a functioning sprinkler system. You’re minding your own business, planning out your day, when all of a sudden the lobby is filled with 4 masked assailants, armed with shotguns and screaming at everyone to get down. You find yourself thinking of something you can use to foil the robbers and feel a weight begin to grow in your pocket. Roll Kelex to find out what you’ve received!
How It Works
We need Kelex’s assistance! Use Kelex to roll for a random number out of 8. You can do this by commenting “@Kelex roll 1d8” . Our friendly resident chatbot will then give you a number out of 8. This number indicates which Gadget you’ve received based on the list of gadgets below. If you’re unsure of how the gadget works, we’ve left some details for each gadget to help you out!
Then, all you need to do is take a look at the gadget and tell us how you would use it to save the day. You can be as creative as you like. I’ll be taking the best answers in a poll and sharing them with you in the next installment of Tech Tuesday
- Batarang x3 - 3 shuriken style weapons, shaped like a Bat with many sharp points.
- Bat-Grapple - A Grappling gun with a bat-shaped hook at the end. Reusable.
- Miniature Smoke Grenades x2 - 2 miniature grenades that produce a cloud of smoke upon impact with a solid surface.
- The Keys to the Batmobile - It’s parked somewhere nearby. The keys possess a ‘Summon’ function. What happens after is up to you!
- Disruptor - A device that allows the user to remotely jam up to 2 firearms at once.
- Gauntlets (Not pocket sized ) - Gauntlets that end at the elbows. Complete with padded gloves and 3 sharp spikes on each arm. Can be used to deflect bullets and perform slashing actions. Also gives a +1 to your style.
- Sonic Devastator - Creates a sonic pulse that is sure to give everyone (including you) with some hearing loss and one hell of a headache every time it’s used.
- Wildcard - You choose your gadget! It has to be a Batman gadget though!