Tech Tuesday: The Pool Problem. Which DC Universe Gadget Will Save You?

Welcome back to the next season of Tech Tuesday! The place to live out your own heroic fantasies with some of the coolest gadgets, weapons, and gear available in the DC Universe.

The Setup:

Today, you find yourself on your couch, just watching the news. To commemorate National Hot Tub Day, a group of your friends invites you to a pool party, an invitation which you politely accept. In other words, you go “Hell’s yeah! Let’s get swimming!” Politely… Anyways, when you get there, you notice a boom of thunder. You refuse to end the pool party, but you can’t let your friends get hurt! Just then, you feel a weight begin to grow in your pocket. Roll Kelex to find out what you’ve received to save your friends’ party and lives!

How It Works:

We need Kelex’s assistance! Use Kelex to roll for a random number out of 6. You can do this by commenting and saying “@Kelex roll 1d6”. Our friendly resident chatbot will then give you a number out of 6. This number indicates which option you’ve received based on the list of options below. If you’re unsure of anything about the hero, we’ve left a short description for each option to help you!

Now, all you need to do is take a look at the option and tell us how you would use it to save the day. You can be as creative as you like! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@Kelex roll 1d6

4 Likes

:game_die: 6

3 Likes

Then I turn to my friends and said, guys maybe this is a bad idea, then I had a idea, with wild card I ask them how about a nice game of poker? And they all agree, it’s a shame a hot tub had to be ruin by electricity, problem.
While playing a game of Texas hold’em, I call the electricity technician and he came over and got the strange electricity out and the hot tub was safe once again.
Later after an hour of poker with beer & preztel, we all hangout in the hot tub talking about cars, movies and stuff.

The end.

4 Likes

@Kelex roll 1d6

3 Likes

2 Likes

A lansinarian morphing disk! Awesome!!

I’d make it fly over the pool, blocking the lightning! It worked like a charm, but it was still so windy out from the storm! I decided to risk it! I made the morphing disk latch onto the pool and rip it from the ground! So, my buds and I were swimming, eating, and hanging out while flying in a thunderstorm. We still had the roof though! Eventually, we made it to our location: 50 feet above Atlantis! The disk brought us down as we swam in our pool in the midst of a mystical city! Best party ever!

3 Likes

@kelex roll 1d6

3 Likes

1 Like

Pool Party you say, Rainout you say, don’t worry I am in my house nice and comfy avoiding the water as I haven’t gotten over my fear of water yet. I pull out my trusty yellow lantern ring, because you know they say with great fear comes panicky solutions to problems. I use my fearpower to scoop everyone up, and dump them on the Themyscria, where it is bright and sunny and those Amazons know how to throw a beach blanket bingo party. Sadly, I stay at home cowering under the couch.

2 Likes

@Kelex roll 1d6

2 Likes

:game_die: 4

1 Like

Okay, I probably wouldn’t be at a hot tub party as I even hate hot baths, so if I did attend I would probably sitting away from the tub nursing a cocktail. Anyway, I would use the cold gun to create a dome shaped shield to protect my friends from the lightning.

4 Likes

@Kelex roll 1d6

4 Likes

:game_die: 2

3 Likes

@Kelex roll 1d6

4 Likes

:game_die: 5

2 Likes

@Kelex roll 1d6

4 Likes

:game_die: 2