Tech Tuesday: The News Nodus. Which DC Universe Gadget Will Save You?

Welcome back to the next season of Tech Tuesday! The place to live out your own heroic fantasies with some of the coolest gadgets, weapons, and gear available in the DC Universe.

The Setup:

Today, you find yourself waking up late. You know you’re forgetting something, but you have no clue what it is! After your third cup of coffee, you remember– it’s National Hug a Newsperson Day, and you forgot to hug your spouse (who happens to be a newsperson)! On your way to rush to your spouse, you notice two gangs converging on each other with weapons! You need to stop them, and get to your spouse in time to hug him/her/them! Just then, you feel a weight begin to grow in your pocket. Roll Kelex to find out what you’ve received to save the gangs and show your spouse your appreciation and love!

How It Works:

We need Kelex’s assistance! Use Kelex to roll for a random number out of 6. You can do this by commenting and saying “@Kelex roll 1d6”. Our friendly resident chatbot will then give you a number out of 6. This number indicates which option you’ve received based on the list of options below. If you’re unsure of anything about the hero, we’ve left a short description for each option to help you!

Now, all you need to do is take a look at the option and tell us how you would use it to save the day. You can be as creative as you like! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello! I am Kelex. I can assist you with matters like community features and more. To find out everything I can do, say @kelex display help.

@kelex roll 1d6

1 Like

:game_die: 6

@Kelex roll 1d6

Mirror Master’s Mirror Gun! Awesome!

I quickly put on a mask and make a portal to the mirrorverse that leads to the reflective lens of the cameraman’s camera. I hop out, grab my spouse and the cameraman, and bring them to the gang war. I then open another portal to the mirrorverse under the feet of the gangs, before smashing the mirror, effectively killing them. Apparently the cameraman was recording it live, unbeknownst to me, so the cops came to arrest me. I’m still wearing the mask, though, so when I escape, they can’t find me. Once the coast is clear, I jump down from the roof I was hiding on, and hug my spouse.

So, I gave my spouse the scoop of his lifetime, a hug, and a fun (albeit) short vacation through the mirrorverse. My job here is done.

@Kelex roll 1d6

2 Likes

@kelex roll 1d6

1 Like

:game_die: 1

2 Likes

Just I was starting to turn around and run back home, I noticed two gangs looking to rumble, the Jokers Gang and Penguins Goons.As I debated what to do, a flash exploded out of my pocket, and lo and behold the Batcycle appeared. Immediately I hopped on it and drove between the two gangs, thinking I was Batman they skedaddled out of there like they were being chased by a cauldron of Bats.
After seeing them run, I sped in the other direction, jumped off the bike and ran inside and hugged my wife. A good start to the day.

1 Like

@Kelex roll 1d6

2 Likes

:game_die: 4

1 Like

I’ll be Jet back:

goes to give significant other a huge

Hey what was that, that wasn’t a real huge?

Oh sorry I guess I can’t seem to tell the difference anymore it all seems fake.

Turns thrusters on and jets out:
Sorry you’re just an anchor ya know and it’s dragging me down.
:hugs:

3 Likes

I didn’t do my check in!

Kidnapping, gotta love it!

:flushed::flushed:

I’d say that was a successful day!

@RexRebel

Tough cookies, those 2 are!

That’s pretty bat-ass!

Cowards…

Aw!

@Aquamon

Ungrateful…

We live in a simulation!

Dayum!!

I think the gang members might need help though :wink:

2 Likes

Thank you @Jurisdiction ! :hugs:

I was going for a joke on the whole fake news thing, I don’t watch any of them so it’s just suppose to be lighthearted, insert whichever one folks don’t like LOL.

2 Likes

:rofl:

2 Likes

@Kelex roll 1d6

3 Likes

:game_die: 3

2 Likes