Welcome back to the next episode of Tech Tuesday ! The place to live out your own heroic fantasies with some of the coolest gadgets, weapons and gear available in the DC Universe.
This week, plans have gone awry. You and a group of friends have booked a few rooms in a hotel for a weekend getaway. It’s somewhere quiet so you can recharge your batteries before you get back to the real world. The hotel seems strangely empty. In fact, you haven’t seen anyone besides yourselves and the hotel manager, Eddie.
Eddie tells you that he has a comedic act, Ralph Slap, that you should check out… At midnight. You ignore all the many, many red flags that Eddie is throwing you and head to bed. Your sleep is disturbed by the sound of someone moving down the hall. It’s Eddie and he’s carrying a bat. You steel yourself for a fight and look around to find an object to defend yourself with. Remember: A hero doesn’t kill!
We need Kelex’s assistance! Use Kelex to roll for a random number out of 8. You can do this by commenting and saying “@Kelex roll 1d8”. Our friendly resident chatbot will then give you a number out of 8. This number indicates which Gadget you’ve received based on the list of gadgets below. If you’re unsure of how the gadget works, we’ve left a short description for each gadget to help you!
Now, all you need to do is take a look at the gadget and tell us how you would use it to save the day. You can be as creative as you like. I’ll be taking the best 5 answers in a poll and sharing them with you in the next installment of Tech Tuesday
1. Bracelets of Submission - Indestructible bracelets worn by the Amazons of Paradise Island. They’d probably leave a mark if you slapped someone with them.
2. Tim Drake’s Battle Staff - It’s a staff. Wooden. Hard. Good at hitting things. It also whistles!
3. Hawkgirl’s Dart Gun - A semi-automatic magazine fed crossbow. Each bolt holds enough electrical charge to last for about 5 minutes.
4. A Canary Cry Bomb - Emits a loud, ear piercing screech once detonated. Great for distractions and stunning your opponent. Might alert other canaries in the area.
5. Harley Quinn’s Mallet - It’s just a whole lotta mallet.
6. Sonar’s Sonigun - A handheld device capable of emitting strong sonic blasts.
7. Catwoman’s Whip - Probably sexier than Indiana Jones’ version. Will definitely hurt.
8. WILDCARD - You get to choose your weapon!