Tech Tuesday: The Hotel. Which DC Universe Gadget Will Save You?

Welcome back to the next episode of Tech Tuesday ! The place to live out your own heroic fantasies with some of the coolest gadgets, weapons and gear available in the DC Universe.

The Setup

This week, plans have gone awry. You and a group of friends have booked a few rooms in a hotel for a weekend getaway. It’s somewhere quiet so you can recharge your batteries before you get back to the real world. The hotel seems strangely empty. In fact, you haven’t seen anyone besides yourselves and the hotel manager, Eddie.

Eddie tells you that he has a comedic act, Ralph Slap, that you should check out… At midnight. You ignore all the many, many red flags that Eddie is throwing you and head to bed. Your sleep is disturbed by the sound of someone moving down the hall. It’s Eddie and he’s carrying a bat. You steel yourself for a fight and look around to find an object to defend yourself with. Remember: A hero doesn’t kill!

How It Works

We need Kelex’s assistance! Use Kelex to roll for a random number out of 8. You can do this by commenting and saying “@Kelex roll 1d8”. Our friendly resident chatbot will then give you a number out of 8. This number indicates which Gadget you’ve received based on the list of gadgets below. If you’re unsure of how the gadget works, we’ve left a short description for each gadget to help you!

Now, all you need to do is take a look at the gadget and tell us how you would use it to save the day. You can be as creative as you like. I’ll be taking the best 5 answers in a poll and sharing them with you in the next installment of Tech Tuesday :slight_smile:

Gadget Details

1. Bracelets of Submission - Indestructible bracelets worn by the Amazons of Paradise Island. They’d probably leave a mark if you slapped someone with them.

2. Tim Drake’s Battle Staff - It’s a staff. Wooden. Hard. Good at hitting things. It also whistles!

3. Hawkgirl’s Dart Gun - A semi-automatic magazine fed crossbow. Each bolt holds enough electrical charge to last for about 5 minutes.

4. A Canary Cry Bomb - Emits a loud, ear piercing screech once detonated. Great for distractions and stunning your opponent. Might alert other canaries in the area.

5. Harley Quinn’s Mallet - It’s just a whole lotta mallet.

6. Sonar’s Sonigun - A handheld device capable of emitting strong sonic blasts.

7. Catwoman’s Whip - Probably sexier than Indiana Jones’ version. Will definitely hurt.

8. WILDCARD - You get to choose your weapon!

7 Likes

@Kelex roll 1d8

2 Likes

:game_die: 2

4 Likes

Tim Drake’s Battle Staff

As Eddie runs towards me, I thrust forth the staff hitting him right in the gut. While he is catching his breath, I whack his chin, knocking out a few of his teeth. He gets a hold of the staff, so I grab some of his teeth from the floor and use the sharp side (the part in your gum) and plunge them into his knees. Then, I grab the staff back and know him unconscious. Then, I call Alfred who cleans the mess and calls the cops.

3 Likes

@Kelex roll 1d8

2 Likes

:game_die: 4

4 Likes

A canary cry bomb.
I throw it over to distract him. The bomb explodes letting out the earth shacking canary. In his defining disorientation he drops the bat. While old Eddie is distracted I do the classic tap on the shoulder into a right hook trick. Eddie is knocked out. Authorities called and Justice is Served.

7 Likes

did u mean shoulder?

2 Likes

Yes. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

oh ok. just making sure

2 Likes

@kelex roll 1d8

2 Likes

3 Likes

@THE_OneAndOnly_Official_Batman are you still doing this?

2 Likes

@Kelex roll 1d8

3 Likes

:game_die: 2

4 Likes

I knew something was fishy about that hotel I booked in Florida. Well it’s a good thing I packed Tim’s staff (one can never be to prepared). Judging by the surprised look on Eddie’s face he didn’t expect me to come prepared so in his moment of shock I wack him upside the head not hard enough to kill him but it will sure be hurting in the morning. Once all of that is done I’ll drag him to a closet and lock the door. Then I’ll call the cops and tell them what happened, grab my friends and also tell them what happened, and last but not least I’ll grab my suitcase and walk out the door to the McDonald’s down the street with my friends and watch the police take care of everything.

6 Likes

@kelex roll 1d8

3 Likes

:game_die: 8

2 Likes

@Kelex roll 1d8

3 Likes

2 Likes