Tech Tuesday: The Flood. Which DC Universe Gadget Will Save You?

@kelex roll 1d6

3 Likes

:game_die: 4

3 Likes

Kelex gave me:

Aquaman Hook

I use my mind to wrap the hook under, over and around the van to make sure itā€™s not only secure but also to make sure it stays right side up the entire time. Donā€™t want those kittens and puppies getting tossed around in that van while Iā€™m trying to save them. Since it appears the other end of the hook is attached to my left hand Iā€™d have to find a way to get me to safety and then pull the precious cargo along behind me. A-ha!

A-Ha

No, not them. Not yet at least. I meant, a-ha as in I see a rescue helicopter flying by. I wave to them (with my right hand) and they circle back to drop a rescue cable down to me. I put the wire from the hook through the hook from the helicopter cable, secure it and signal for them to lift us up. The helicopter rises and with it takes me and the van full of animals to safety.

Once we land I unsecure the hook to let the puppies and kittens be safely unloaded and head over to the helicopter to thank them. Turns out it wasnā€™t a rescue helicopter at all but rather the band A-Ha on their way to the Orpheum Theater to perform a concert! They invite me along as reward for my good deed and I rock the night away with the boys and sounds of my youth.

6 Likes

@Kelex roll 1d6

3 Likes

:game_die: 4

2 Likes

@Kelex Roll 1d6

3 Likes

:game_die: 5

3 Likes

Aquamanā€™s Hook:
I would take the hook and aim it at the front side of the van, making sure to avoid the inside compartment. I would then summon my friends of the fresh water oceans. I would have them help float the van while I pull the van through the newly formed flood river.

Once the van has crossed across the waters, I bid my aquatic buddies adieu!
I now use my hook to open the van doors and save those inside.
Its great that fans have gathered near me. I have the fans help gather the animals and get them to safety! The handy hook saves the day!

5 Likes

Nice!

First thing I do is turn around and go back into my house/apartment. I go upstairs to the second window and shoot the Line Launcher out the window and aim at the building across the street, just above the van.

I grab a bag/box from my house and zipline out to the van. I get all off the kittens and puppies to safety. From there, I load them all into my car and get out of the flood zone. (And grab the Line Launcherā€¦ you knowā€¦ in case I need it again.) Hopefully, I drive past a different (and less-abandoned) Humane Society van that I can return the animals too. Except for the kitten that has been sleeping on my shoulder the whole time.

5 Likes

How come all of you are getting the hook? Save some for those of us in the 31st century!

4 Likes

@Kelex roll 1d6

3 Likes

:game_die: 2

3 Likes

So first things first Iā€™d pull the freeze grenades out of my utility belt and throw them onto the river making a safe path to the van. I would then slide myself across as if I were ice skating ( I have great balance because Iā€™m Nightwing). Once Iā€™ve made it to the van I will check for a driver and when I see that the driver abandoned the van I will hot-wire the van and drive the puppies and kittens to safety. The end.

5 Likes

we had the same gadget!

4 Likes

Thatā€™s cool!

4 Likes

@Kelex roll 1d6

3 Likes

:game_die: 2

2 Likes

Freeze grenade? I can work with that. So I throw the freeze grenade at the river and get across to the van. Now I get the van on the frozen river and slide down the road until I get to an area that is not all water and then drive the van to higher ground for safety. It may take some time before the flooding has gone down enough to go back home so I will stay in the van with the animals driving around to get what we need and staying at a safe level above water. Now of course by this point I have bonded with the kitties and puppies so they got their forever home with me! :grin: :heart_eyes_cat: :dog2:

5 Likes

@Jurisdiction

Thatā€™s an interesting way to do things! Iā€™m expecting most people to take the fluffy cute things with them!

My only question isā€¦ How did you get across the water in the 1st place? :wink:

Thereā€™s always next time! Thereā€™s only 4 slots!

@Reaganfan78

Sorry for the late poll, I forgot to add it! :grimacing:

This is equal parts quick, easy & epic haha. I love it!

@THE_OneAndOnly_Official_Batman

Are you just slowly collecting ice gadgets?

You canā€™t add gadgets, thatā€™s cheating! Haha.

BANNED

@ODannyBoy

Love the name change :wink:

Itā€™s one of my favorites from the series too!

This is great! Like a good old fashioned pulley-based delivery system. I like it!

@FelixLeiter

Very considerate of you! Helps to make sure the van doesnā€™t take on too much water too!

All things aside, this is an indicator that you have some incredible muscles in your arm or the ability to focus very intently on one task!

This is the biggest left turn in Tech Tuesday to date. I can almost hear the sounds of Take On Me as the helicopter lifts you to safety. It all makes sense!

@yesiamanerd

Welcome to Tech Tuesday! Itā€™s always a pleasure to see new faces :slight_smile:

Sounds like a plan. Use the river to your advantage instead of viewing it like an obstacle! I like it.

Hopefully your new found fans can adopt some of their little rescues and turn the whole day around! Good job!

@Row.Harper

A good start. Roof access could be better if the flood waters are rising!

Batman may have something to say about thisā€¦ But I suppose thatā€™s an issue for another day!

A nice wholesome ending! Puppies and Kittens safe and Row has a brand new companion!

@ReepDaggle

I think that Kelex actively hates you. Either this week or next (your choice!), Iā€™ll let you pick the Wildcard option by default. Sound good? :slight_smile:

@Detective7

Great option! Helps you get to the van and helps the van get back to safety!

Iā€™m willing to believe that Nightwing knows how to hot-wire a car. This is viable!

@SpoilerAlert88

Nothing like a strong positive start!

Sounds like a plan! Keep moving, keep warm and keep yourselves fed :slight_smile:

The best ending, honestly! I hope your place is big enough to fit all your new furry friends! :heart_eyes_cat:

8 Likes

But Iā€™m Batmanā€¦I own them :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

5 Likes