Tech Tuesday: The Cosmic Catastrophe. Which DC Universe Gadget Will Save You?

:game_die: 6

4 Likes

As I see a ferocious alien coming towards the astronauts, I took out my wild cards! And ask the ferocious alien if it likes to play cards, the alien gave a curious look, I show it how to play goldfish, Texas holdā€™em, and Blackjack, before the astronauts knew it, we were all playing a friendly game, and later send the ferocious alien on his merry little way with bagful of poker chips.
The astronauts were thankful that this didnā€™t have to end with violence.

The End. :grinning:

6 Likes

Iā€™m walking my way to campus on a cloudy and breezy day. Alone. Quiet. So peaceful.
Suddenly, a loud boom echoes my surroundings. I look up to the sky and see the clouds covered in bright, radiating green light, as a mysterious object approaches fast in my direction, and when that object crashes into the ground Iā€™m thrown back and everything becomes a blur.

I wake up, and discover the Green Lantern ring floating right in front of my face. The greatest green light Iā€™ve seen. Many people would usually freak out and run, as they may think its a sign of dangerā€¦ but I feel something that not many people would experience in this type of situation. Hope, safety, and this overwhelming feeling without hesitation that I trust this mysterious ring. The ring speaks out to me:

ā€œMichael (blank last name) of Earth. You have the ability to overcome great fear. You have been chosen to protect Sector 2814. You are now a member of the Green Lantern Corps.ā€

My clothes suddenly begin to transform in a glowing green armor, I am now a Green Lantern. Immediately after, I hear fast approaching police sirens; I take off the ring to remove the suit. Squad cars speed past me, about 5 or 6 of them. Must be something really serious. I look around to check for witnesses, and I place the ring back on my finger, transforming back into the lantern uniform and fly my way to the scene.

After following the cops, I stop after them and analyze the situation. The local supermarket is held hostage. Thugs numbered at eight in total. Each with weapons. Cops canā€™t do anything but stand there with guns pointed at them. itā€™s time for me to take action. I swoop directly at the center of the scene and summon a huge green baseball bat and knock two of them out cold. Three of them start pointing guns at me and fire, and last second I summon a shield of a well-known comic book character of this universe :wink:. As I use the shield to protect these hostages and their line of defense I use the ring to construct a bull to charge at them. 5 in total out. The ring constructs a set of chains to wrap around 6, and a construct of Tutā€™s Tomb encasing number 7. (I have an upcoming history exam, what can I say).

Threat averted. Cops puts their guns back in their holsters, and help the hostages out. First time with the whole superhero thing and I have to say, not bad. Looks like I got a side gig now. Thank God no one was hurā€“ā€œBANGā€.

I sharply turn around and find one of the cops holding on to his stomach, as he falls to the ground. Dammit! The eighth one. How did I miss him? The eighth thug drives away in his truck, and with anger I fly head first, quickly forming an armor around me in the shape of a battering ram and dive straight into his truck. The vehicle flips over. I use the ring to pull the thug out and hold him in a giant fist. I stare at him with intensity, telling him, ā€œNo more.ā€

I hurry back to the crime scene, and see that the officer is alright, being wheeled into an ambulance truck. His wife runs to the stretcher, asking if heā€™s all right as she tells him, ā€œYou promised to be more careful. How many more days do I have to fear of you being killed and told that you may not come home again?ā€. The officer replied, ā€œYou donā€™t have to worry anymore. Itā€™s time for me to put away the badge.ā€

I felt that. Almost as if it was directed at me. I look at the hostages, the cops, and the lingering essence of danger and fear around me. Its not just this place that feels this way, its the whole world. The responsibility that I hold with this ring, and the danger thatā€™s imposed around me. I can do so many great things with it, saving peopleā€™s lives and giving them hope. But it can also put those I care about in the hands of danger. I can give up the ring right this second and live my everyday life and take in every moment. Or I can wear it as a badge of my willpower and strength to keep fighting for this world that so desperately needs saving. What do I do?

Edit: WOW! I went got carried away with this one lmao. Pretty bad story, but I thought Iā€™d give it a try

5 Likes

Thatā€™s a great story. For Tech Tuesdays, though, youā€™re supposed to follow the prompt in the first post. That was a great story though! :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

:man_facepalming:

I actually didnā€™t read that part. I just skimmed through it and read that we ask Kelex, tell how youā€™d save the day, and then be as creative as youā€™d like lol. Sorry about that. Iā€™ll be more attentive next time lol

5 Likes

Youā€™re alright lol! Loved the story! If I was a publisher Iā€™d give it the green light :wink:

5 Likes

This is gonna be interesting.

@kelex roll 1d6

4 Likes

:game_die: 2

5 Likes

@kelex roll 1d6

4 Likes

:game_die: 1

3 Likes

Uh I canā€™t top that @staticshocks

5 Likes

Itā€™s not a competition :slightly_smiling_face:

Itā€™s up to you though if you want to do this or not :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Ok keep everything the same except Iā€™ll get 6 crunchy tacos at the end. I know how to stretch my dollar at Taco Bell!

5 Likes

@Kelex roll 1d6

3 Likes

:game_die: 1

4 Likes

4 Likes

@Kelex roll 1d6

2 Likes

:game_die: 3

2 Likes

Having been suddenly and unexpectedly enlisted into the Green Lantern Corps, I would do what anyone with such a powerful weapon, and the willpower to use it, would do: Punch the alien! If that didnā€™t work, thereā€™s always lots of other fun constructs I could make. Giant fly swatters, baseball bats, and swords are all coming to mind. Provided external trauma wonā€™t do the trick, Iā€™d cook something up in the alien itself. You ever coughed so much and so hard that it felt like you were gonna hack up a lung? Definitely not one of my favorite sensations, but I imagine it could put a stop to our little threat. Though itā€™s anyoneā€™s guess what will come up and out besides the hard light.

Having saved the earth, I will celebrate by feasting on ice cream and playing video games. But Iā€™ll still probably have to go to work in the morning because, last time I checked, the Guardians of the Universe wonā€™t help me cover my rent.

3 Likes

0_OMLnBApQddlXDM22

4 Likes