Tech Tuesday: The Castaway. Which DC Universe Gadget Will Save You?

@Kelex roll 1d6

2 Likes

:game_die: 5

2 Likes

An Atomic Axe… interesting.

Okay, so after a good couple weeks of crime fighting. I leave my kitten, she told me her name is Luna, with some of the other animals in town and tell them to watch her for a week while I go on a cruise.

How I wish I had stayed with Luna. Now I’m trapped on this deserted island. Which I guess is better than just swimming? Anyway, I found this really cool axe in the small shack. I use it to cut down some trees for firewood and then I realize that it can cut through anything in just one swing.

So, I use it to cut down some more trees and then I make a small raft. I know that cruise ships have to go by again at some point so I use the axe as a paddle and go out to about where I think I fell in before. After a couple days a ship comes by and saves me!

A couple days after that I am back home on my couch with Luna. Ready to never go back on a ship again. And I have a really cool axe now. So that should be useful at some point.

6 Likes

The set-up would’ve been even better if you said Tom Cruz.

Because we fall off a cruise.

No?

I’ll show myself out…

2 Likes

Do… do you not know the movie Cast Away with Tom Hanks?

4 Likes

i forgot about that lol

3 Likes

@Kelex roll 1d6

2 Likes

:game_die: 1

3 Likes

The weather wand. Interesting.

I’ll use it to create rain for water so that supply is good. Use winds and storms to gather fish as needed. Then construct a raft and use the wand’s winds to get home. Then give those kids a winter without snow days for getting me stranded :smiling_imp::sweat_smile:

4 Likes

The kitten got a name! Yay :smiley_cat:
(Kitten was good too though)

4 Likes

@Kelex roll 1d6

2 Likes

:game_die: 3

2 Likes

After I get on the island I find a crate of the Justice Battalion’s Food Capsules. I get the top of the crate off and in my rush to eat after swimming to shore the top of the crate goes into the water and floats away. I explore the island for a few days trying to find anything using for getting home and find a few strange things like coconuts that look like someone tried to use to make a radio. And some busted pieces of wood that say s.s. minnow.

Suddenly, Aquaman shows up! He says he saw the crate top I lost floating in the water. When he realized what direction it came frome he figured he better come check this island. He said ever since a tour group got stranded here years ago he keeps a close eye on the place since they had been here for so long before he found out and got them home.

Aquaman helped me get home and I decide its probably best not to go on any more boats for awhile.

5 Likes

@kelex roll 1d6

2 Likes

:game_die: 6

2 Likes

Wild Card! Too easy. Set me up with a Justice League teleporter, and I’m outta there.

4 Likes

We’re gonna get some good responses from Alec.Holland!!!

(i don’t want to ping him, it was intentional!)

1 Like

:clark_hv_4: Ah, time to listen to one of my favorite vacation tunes…

Well… At least I don’t have to use the bathroom anymore… Sorry Aquaman. :eyes: :rofl:

Wilson! :volleyball: :cry:

:thinking: I think now I’ll hum a tune for those pesky kids…

Well Kelex, buddy, old pal… What item will it be this week? :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

@Kelex roll 1d6

2 Likes

:game_die: 6

1 Like

Oh, nice Kelex! Another wildcard! Two weeks in a row. Yes! :joy:

After possibly being in the sun for too long, and perhaps seeing things, ajm08g casts out some coconuts into the sea… Then…

:woman: “A whole year?! Oh no ajm08g that just won’t do!” Says “Lois.”
:clark_hv_4: Oh don’t worry Lois. It will all be…

ajm08g’s sentence carries off when out in the distance the ocean begins to stir…

:clark_hv_4: Great Scott! Could it be…?

Then diving up from the ocean… The Bat-Sub appears!

:clark_hv_4: Lois we’re saved!

ajm08g then looks around and does not see Lois anywhere to be found

:clark_hv_4: Oh… I guess I was out in the sun for too long and was just imagining things.

The hatch for the Bat-Sub then opens and ajm08g climbs in.

:clark_hv_4: Well time to get going… Say there is a radio on the Bat-Sub.
:clark_hv_2: I wonder what station it’s set on?

Hitting a few keys on the display board… Music begins to play…

:clark_hv_4: Huh… Well what do you know? Batman is a fan of Banjo Core after all.
:clark_hv_4: All right now… To send a message to the ship that I’m okay…
:clark_hv_4: And that I will just head home instead.

Enter Batman

:batman_hv_3: Oh good my sub found you ajm08g.
:clark_hv_4: Woah! Batman. Yes, it did. Any chance you can program it to send me home?
:batman_hv_3: No problem.
:black_circle: That’s what you think!
:batman_hv_4: Did you say something ajm08g?
:clark_hv_4: No I did not. Nobody here but me.

ajm08g nervously laughs seeing “Lois” wave from the shore…

:clark_hv_4: Just getting comfy in the captain’s chair now.
:batman_hv_3: Okay. Sit tight, and you’ll be home in no time.
:batman_hv_3: Enjoy the ride and wave to Aquaman for me.
:clark_hv_4: Absolutely.

The Bat-Sub then begins sinking and whooshes away into the sea.
Then, off in the distance a shadowy figure emerges once more…

:black_circle: Whoops. Got a little carried away there. I’ll get those two next time for sure!

To be continued...
8 Likes