Target exclusive Mego DC figures

The several around here have all added an entire aisle of collectibles (Magic and other CCG,sports cards, collectible action figures, Pop exclusives, comics including the Wal Mart Exclusive DC 100 page Giants, etc. ) near the self check out section and expanded the toy section by a couple of aisles. It was done just before the Holiday season, but they have maintained it post-holiday.

-M

I’ve seen the WM comics at several stores. I’d just like to see a bigger DC presence. I don’t really give a fig about that other stuff (I like it, just not into it).

The line up for the next wave of these was announced-Aquaman and Black Manta as expected, new editions of Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman and Joker in new52 costumes. This Joker will have the jacket, but the shirt & vest will be screen printed rather than layers of clothes like the first Joker release.

-M

Neat! Any pictures or release dates available yet?

There’s more info and pics here (also the 8 inch releases form other properties)

-M

Note those are prototypes in the pic-Batman will have a utility belt, Aquaman will have green hands, etc. in the final product.

-M

Not too bad at all! I’ve yet to buy the current WW, so I’ll hold out for the N52 version. Superman looks pretty cool too.

Thank you for the info.

The 3/1/2019 avalability date, is that when retailers can begin ordering them, they begin shipping or when they’ll be available in store?

Not sure. However, the first 3 waves were all available before the official release date at Target, so I would expect them to be out there sometime in February in some places.

-M

Places like Big Bad Toy Store and Entertainment Earth now have these up for Pre-Order. BBTS says available March, EE says April. No word yet what brick and mortar retailers are going to carry them.

-M

Here’s a look at the new wave from Mego’s set up at Toy Fair

-M

https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/51851955_1192800894178046_8816501864985001984_n.jpg?_nc_cat=101&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.xx&oh=f79a43cb7ad24d339442d9bb53ef80f3&oe=5CE9A2BF

I only had the Batman Mego figure in the 70’s, I did have a few of the pocket ones because the were less expensive.

How did I miss this😩

Thank you for spreading the word

These are on sale now! $5 off on the Target website.

@nightwing615 You’re welcome :slight_smile:

@biff_pow Is that online only or in-store too?

I don’t know if it applies in-store. And I don’t know how long it’ll last!

I hope it’s in-store as I’ve been meaning to pick up Zod. It’s not worth the S+H to get him online to save five bucks, but in-store…

I’ll check tonight and see what’s what.

@biff_pow That Mego sale is effective in-store as well. I finally snagged General Zod tonight. The store I was at also had WW, Ivy and Joker.

1 Like

So are these being revamped…like brought back? Or a slightly different brand but supposed to represent the vintage Mego look?? That was confusing but yeah really curious, would love to get my hands on some of them :slight_smile:

They’re the real Mego deal, overseen by Marty Abrams (the founder of Mego) himself.