Take a Tour of Batman's Hometown with "Exploring Gotham City"

Have you ever wanted to wander the back alleys of Gotham? Let’s be honest, the answer is probably not. It’s no secret that danger lurks under every busted streetlight in Batman’s hometown. But in the pages of Exploring Gotham City , a new book that explores the rich history of the famous fictional city, you’ll get an unprecedented up-close look at Gotham’s neighborhoods, landmarks and sites where legendary battles between heroes and villains have been waged.

Written by Matthew K. Manning, colorfully illustrated by Studio Muti and published by Insight Editions, this tall tome is packed with all the Bat-tastic details you could want. You’ll feel like a tourist discovering the best spots in the storied city, from Wayne Manor and Arkham Asylum to Ace Chemical and Crime Alley. All of Gotham’s famous locales and their secrets are yours to discover.

And what secrets they are! Even the biggest Dark Knight fans are likely to learn something new.

Check out the News article on dccomics.com to explore 5 iconic Gotham City sites!

Which epic Gotham City locations do you want to learn the secrets of? Let us know in the comments below!

10 Likes

:white_check_mark: ARRIVING TOMORROW!!! :mailbox_with_mail:

Thank you for the heads up! Can’t wait to hit the streets of Gotham with The Dark Knight!

6 Likes

Says it’ll arrive on April 1st… Hopefully the postman doesn’t decide to play a prank on me :grimacing:

7 Likes

Awesome™:+1:

5 Likes

Here are some full interior shots.

6 Likes

Such cool artwork! I’ll post some real life pics when it arrives.

3 Likes

I love that it includes newly added parts of Gotham (like Burnside) along with all of the classic neighborhoods and fixtures. It really is a great book. Personally, I love the style they went with for the illustrations. It’s probably just me, but I’d love to see a Bat-comic drawn in that style!

5 Likes

Very cool book but at 50 pages I’m not sure if paying the full retail price is worth it. With books like these, I need a good balance of written text along with illustrations.

2 Likes

A chapter with a version of a Zagat guide to Gotham restaurants and eateries would be a nice touch.

2 Likes