Take a Sneak Peek into 'DC Pride' #1 Before June 8!

Man, I don’t think there’s a story in here that I’m not at least curious about. Very much looking forward to reading this. :smiley:

I was confused for a second too, mostly because I was completely overthinking it and figured “U-Haul” was the same as a “truck.” :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

I hope it will do something to save her from the character assassination she’s currently facing in second sons

3 Likes

Really hoping for some kind of asexual representation, this time. We’re part of the queer community too! “A” does not stand for “Ally”!

6 Likes

It’s too bad there aren’t any Legion of Super Heroes stories in this book, considering the legacy of its representation in the past going back a long way. I guess Dreamer is a connection of sorts, but its a stretch.

I guess DC only wanted to go with current characters/continuity. Oh well. :frowning:

4 Likes

I absolutely LOVE the art in this!

4 Likes

I am picturing your straight friends super confused and wondering why this title sounds like a weird crossword clue.

5 Likes

I must agree with this. :joy:

5 Likes

Kind of bummed there’s not a tremor story

5 Likes

I don’t know if this is one pin-up or four, but I’m thrilled to see Bunker and Traci 13 not forgotten. Could they be the established characters of our initial JLQ lineup?

9 Likes

I’m kind of bummed that the only asexual character is from a series in 2013 that was canceled after 12 issues!

6 Likes

… and yet that same series introduced DC’s … fifth? (maybe sixth?) character that can communicate with or command rodents. :frowning:

5 Likes

Yus! And welcome to the party, @PowerGirl1! :hugs:

You might be interested in this wee little Harley club we have lying around:

Harley's Crew

4 Likes
3 Likes

So, I don’t know if she’s got any like. Lines. But she shows up in the general picture of JLQ. It’s the smallest of crumbs, I know.
(Side note: if you have Netflix, sex education has a wonderful episode where they actually acknowledge and talk about asexuality without making it a joke)

4 Likes

Does she? Where?

4 Likes

Oh, here she is

Wow

9 Likes

so i understand where DC is coming from but is this a side comic or are there really making batman gay

2 Likes

I think you’re mistaken. Nobody’s “making Batman gay.” DC Pride is a collection of stories about queer characters in the DC Universe.

6 Likes

Tynion wrote a fairly good Batwoman so it will be nice to see him do a nice little story with her.

Steve Orlando is a treasure and ive been really wanting to see his take on Extrano again. So this is a delight.

Vita Ayala writing Renee Montoya is a pleasant surprise. I don’t see her on many books but ive enjoyed what ive seen.

Markiko Tamaki and Amy Reader teaming up for Harley and Ivy…That should be interesting!

Alan Scott and Obsidian~ This should be a treat. ^.^

Nice to see Jess Chambers and aged up Andy Curry pop up after Future State. I was expecting them to vanish into the ether given ttheir nature as future peeps.

Can’t say I know who Drummer Boy is but im A BIG fan of Sina Grace’s work so im really looking forward to this.

At first Dreamer confused me until I remembered that they made an ancestor of the Legionaire in the Supergirl show. Delightful to see that some of the characters from those tv shows are making the leap to comics. Now if Sara Lance could just appear…

Eh? Aqualad and JLQ??? Im honestly surprised and delighted that JLQ is popping up. I had already given them up for doomed when that round robin voted em out at the start. Im guessing that this was happening already and the round robin was a chance for something more…Hopefully this causes enough waves to get an ongoing.

These are all very promising stories being tackled by fantastic writers using amazing characters. I only wish that these characters appeared more often and that there were more books starring them.

6 Likes

oh ok im sorry im fairly new to the dc universe i watched the moives and the shows but im just getting into the comics sorry

6 Likes