Sweet Tooth on Netflix

OMG Mighty @Mae- this. is. WONDERFUL. :cry: :grinning:

I will very much be pressing the play button on this series. You always bring the wonderful stuff to our attention- thank you so much! :hugs:

8 Likes

Very cool ive been reading some other vertigo stuff thats on dcui looking forward to this being added and to check it out on Netflix. Thanks Mae

7 Likes

That is correct @Jurisdiction! Twas I! (Good memory!:purple_heart:) Been waiting for this series since they announced production, so :tada: :raised_hands:.

Ps. Everyone should read it! And/or Sweet Tooth: The Return when it lands in our library on 5/11! (Psst @Reaganfan78 :eyes:)

9 Likes

Oh my gosh…this looks so gooood!!! I really wanna read the 2009 series now :smiley::smiley::smiley:

6 Likes

Can’t wait!

6 Likes

I’m glad I’m not the only one! I told my wife, “I’m on DC Universe Infinite every day and am on their boards more than I’m on Facebook and I had no idea a show about a DC book was five weeks away!” This is a very pleasant surprise.

After watching this trailer, and knowing these books are not on DCUI, I immediately went to my local library website and put all six collections of the original work on hold. I’ll be picking those up in less than a week which will give me a month to read them and be ready for the premiere on June 4th.

Looks great and can’t wait to see it!

8 Likes

That’s amazing! I will probably do the same!

7 Likes

In case anyone’s local library doesn’t carry them or they don’t want to wait: :purple_heart: :books:

9 Likes

Actually, it looks like it’s just Sweeth Tooth: The Return that’s being added /: not the original series

6 Likes

One other free option for those of you that want to read Jeff Lemire’s original run of Sweet Tooth is Hoopla. Hoopla is a digital service that works with local libraries in the United States and Canada and has literally thousands of movies, TV shows and books available to rent and watch either on your phone, tablet, computer or even your TV. All of Sweet Tooth is on there (LINK) and to see if your library works with Hoopla check this link to see your area. Remember, often times you can get a library card for a region you may not live in so don’t be discouraged if you don’t see a library in your area on that map - though it seems like everyone should be covered.

Hoopla is a GREAT resource for comic book junkies like us as it lets you check out and start reading a book in minutes.

1. Local library (free rental of hard copy of the books)
  2. ComiXology (buy the digital books)
  3. Hoopla (free rental of the digital books)
  4. Local comic shop (lest we forget where most of our comic passions began!)

Hope all that want to read Sweet Tooth before it premieres on Netflix are able to find a way to do so!

8 Likes

And potentially maybe added to DCUI soon, too! :hugs:

6 Likes

Probably not, I am sure Netflix owns it for some ridiculous amount of time.

5 Likes

I meant the comics, not the show. They can’t own the comics, just the TV rights.

5 Likes

I’ve never heard of this character or story before, but that trailer looks cool. I’d rather go into it blind than read the comic beforehand tho, tbh.

6 Likes

Really looking forward to this. I loved SWEET TOOTH and i think it was the last book i finished before i was forced to suspend my pull list (still suspended)

I just hope the boy is good. I really find it tough to watch kid actors, but if he can pull it off i’ll keep my NETFLIX going!

Think it’s odd that HBO let this and SANDMAN go to Netflix

7 Likes

Great to see the series come to life.

I just binged the comic at the end of last year.

6 Likes

there may be an earlier deal with netflix and vertigo since they’ve had Lucifer for a while, just a guess

6 Likes

This looks very interesting. Definitely have to check it out.

5 Likes

Man if only the comic was here on dcu.

5 Likes

I had no idea this was DC until the teaser, I might try it, DC comic book show after all.

4 Likes