Sweet Tooth on Netflix

3 Likes

Just picked up from the library. Time to get reading!

4 Likes
3 Likes

OMG Mighty @Mae- I’m sooo presssing the play button on this! :purple_heart:

3 Likes

I’m a huge fan of Lemire and have seen Sweet Tooth in my local shop for years.

Unfortunately, my budget was already so stretched, I’ve had to put it off.

Looking forward to digging in.

Although, I got to say, the plot is nothing like what I expected.

5 Likes

I just read ‘Sweet Tooth’ books 1-3 and wow…this is exceptional storytelling and artwork. The end of book three was as impactful as any panel I’ve ever read in a comic. I’m not a binge reader but I couldn’t stop reading these books and if it wasn’t so late I’d keep reading and finish the story tonight. Man - what’ll I dream of tonight?!?

If you have not read these books I cannot recommend them strongly enough. And to be clear - the ‘Sweet Tooth - The Return’ books here on DCUI are NOT the start of the story. That’s the sequel. You’ll need to find ‘Sweet Tooth’ books from 2009 (#1-40) to read the original Jeff Lemire story. As I said in an earlier post whether its Hoopla, your local library, your local comic shop or buying the digital books - find them and read them. These are incredible and I cannot wait to see this show on Netflix. Powerful stuff and just fantastic work by everyone involved.

Three books to go but so far, so great. So very, very great.

Edit: @AhlGodOfSuperheroes - I get the budget thing. Believe me. That’s why I use my local library and Hoopla. I physically don’t have a ton of comics in my house but I feel like I own thousands of books because between DCUI, my library and Hoopla I can read almost any comic book I want for $74.99 a year/$6.25 a month/$1.44 a week/$0.20 a day. Check out the links I posted above for information and read these books before the show comes out. These are too good to miss and I think you’ll love it.

4 Likes

Howdy Sweet Tooth fans!

We’re very, very close to the release date (just one week to go! :smiley: ), so I thought it’d be cool to share this new timelapse footage of an illustration for the series.

It gives you a little sneak peek at the process and the final result is gorgeous!

Check it out here: https://twitter.com/SweetTooth/status/1398323183179153412

8 Likes

Tomorrow’s the big day! Are we excited? :smiley:

We have an article on DC Comics that talks about the fine line to be walked with Sweet Tooth between horror and hope. Make sure you check it out to get more of a sense of the world of Sweet Tooth and the cadence of the story. Trying to squeeze 40 comics into 8 episodes is a challenge!

5 Likes

I was able to see the first episode last night, along with some bonus scenes of what’s to come, and I can tell you that y’all are going to enjoy this show. It’s very well done and while it does stray from the book a bit it remains true to the story as a whole and the characters we fell in love with.

One tip - watch with headphones on if possible as the audio design of the show is very well done and audio plays a big part of the first episode. You’ll want to hear what Gus hears as the show goes on.

Can’t wait for the whole season to drop!

6 Likes

Thanks for the tips! Planning to start watching tonight, super excited! :smiley:

4 Likes

I just watched episode! OH! MY! GOOODDD!!!

4 Likes

Right? :scream: This show was so good, I’m really hoping we’ll get a second season soon.

Once you’ve finished, make sure you share your full thoughts here! In the meantime, you can share any music you come across that you think fits the show or any fanart you like! :deer: :heart_eyes:

4 Likes
2 Likes

6a01896c58e0585369d0d4fd0e41fb6a

Very well-deserved and what great reactions from the cast! :deer: :chocolate_bar:

2 Likes
2 Likes
3 Likes

So excited! :heart_eyes: :deer:

2 Likes

I still haven’t finished season 1!!! Ahhhhhh!!!

2 Likes
2 Likes

I am sad that it will be ending. :frowning:

4 Likes