Swap Thing sucks change my mind I dare you!

Change your mind? When people say that I already known they’re dug I’m too deep on their own narrow and preconceived notion of what something should be.

Swamp Thing has been really solid. It’s pulling it’s cues from the Saga of Swamp Thing source material and with the introduction of the Conclave and the tragic future seemingly being set up for Woodrue things were looking like beautifully set up for an explosive seasons end had they gotten the final 3 episodes.

The series is more story driven than the garbage most of you were exposed to in the first 2 films and the 90’s tv show. It’s staying true to its horror roots. It’s obvious that had there been additional seasons that Animal Man and The Red would be introduced…

The real question is… where the hell did all that additional mismanaged money go?! $80m to produce this season? Someone pocketed $30m somewhere.

2 Likes

Swamp thing as a whole is a pretty solid show. I have enjoyed the set up of the ensemble of characters here. I think these first couple of episodes are more to focus on the corruption that is pretty heavily hit upon in the comics. (At least what I have read so far.) It has also set up villains and even hit upon some other essential JLD characters. I think another reason for the Swamp Thing not being the main focus right now is to give you some substance instead of 45 minutes of “I don’t understand what I have become. Why ME?” which would just seem like a whiny creature at least to me. If you don’t like Swamp Thing fine, but the outrage here is justified. People who are fans were promised 16 episodes. The cancelation felt extremely premature when it has been so heavily advertised. Also the critical reception has been pretty positive for the most part. Yes this is an expensive project, but in my opinion a good one to gain more traction for the more neglected side of the DC universe.

Also just cause this is canceled doesn’t mean Animation for Young Justice is going to be fixed. Sorry.

But I am one of the ones that is salty that this got canceled cause I feel like DC just considers Swamp Thing as a whole as a blemish and not the hidden gem a lot of us know it can be. I hope this can offer some clarity if not apologies.

2 Likes

Why are so many of these troll posts not just deleted off the site?

Still waiting for this post to be deleted because he cant spell swamp.

Blue Devil is in it. How much more can you ask for??

1 Like

@foodini I don’t think you know what a troll is. And he’s right swamp thing isn’t that good it’s boring

1 Like

I just started watching it. At least thru EP4, I love it. I love the horror tone

I love DC and Swamp thing was pretty bad. It’s not a crazy idea to admit when something has flaws. You don’t have to worship these shows just because it’s DC lol.

1 Like

i agree swap thing does suck bcuz i have no idea what swap thing is, but SWAMP THING is my shit. I freaking love the show and depressed bcuz its canceled

I wish I only saw Swamp Thing and Abby

Crystal Reed is so hot I could watch her read a book for an hr as a show

1 Like