IMDb 8.7/10
Rotten Tomatoes 92%
Google Users 97%

Warner Brothers, “cancel it”

DC fans, “can’t we have anything nice”?

5 Likes

“The flame that burns twice as bright burns half as long.”

2 Likes

It probably cost too much for a second season. This has happened to other shows too.

The first season is still being released. Perhaps, if it generates enough viewers (i.e. money), then a second season can happen down the road. If not, it’ll go the way of other shows I’ve enjoyed that ended before they got a chance to really breathe. Hopefully, season 1 completes its main story arc just in case.

2 Likes

This is a show like Doom Patrol that I will buy the season on Blu-ray. They are that good. I am happy that we are getting 10 hrs worth of this world.

2 Likes

It’s not about the show’s quality. It’s a budget issue.

1 Like

Ratings mean nothing if you are losing millions

1 Like

High scores on those are nice. But it’s not the same as Neilsen ratings on TV. Those are important because high TV ratings sell ads. Which makes money. Not always true the same way with steeaming.

1 Like

I wasn’t stating the ratings were the cause so calm down accountants. I was simply pointing out the absurdity.

Ratings are great but you can’t make a serious if its losing money.

If we were all willing to have our yearly fee here raise by 40 bucks each they could probably afford it

I’m loving the show. One thing is for sure: this is creating a lot of buzz, and some say no publicity is bad publicity.

All I can think about is how many times Arrested Development got cancelled. Or another example, I remember reading Bruce Campbell’s first book, wherein he firmly asserted there would in no way and never be any more Evil Dead. And now there’s a reboot that teases a shared universe, and several seasons of a show. (Ironically also cancelled.)

On the other hand, what about making a great thing, and then letting it go? Let it be a great thing and never mess with it again. Maybe 10 episodes will be enough. So far they are 2 for 2, IMO