Swamp Thing Pilot

:fire: :fire: :fire: :fire: DC best tv show yet.

6 Likes

Yes🔥 it wasn’t even scary I mean the glass breaking kinda got me lol

5 Likes

Yeah, I was surprised that it hardly had any big jump scares. I’m guessing they were focusing on seeing up the plot and characters and they’ll ramp it up as the series progresses.

4 Likes

So far seems to be a slow burn with heaps of body horror and suspense. Proof you don’t need to overload on jump scares in order to make a good horror movie or TV series, just focus on the unnerving nature of events unfolding.

5 Likes

Why can’t I watch all episodes? Just the pilot? Is it just me?

@anthonyrf, it’s not you, that’s just how DCU roles their shows out. Traditional TV schedule, 1 new episode per week. I believe the reason for this is so people dont watch everything the app has to offer in the first week of their subscription. We’ve had a new, exclusive, episode of DC content pretty much every week since launch.

3 Likes

Hulu, HBO have been doing this just Netflix does the binge thing

3 Likes

I’ve been waiting for weeks for Good Omens to drop on Amazon, which it did today. Turns out the show is just 6 episodes, and I’m done with it already and will forget about it in a couple of days. The DCU has the right idea with the one episode a week format, it builds up interest in their shows and gives fans something to look forward to.

4 Likes

It was really good. I thought the directing was phenomenal. I like 1 ep per week although doing 2 the first week would have been nicer

4 Likes

Awesome start! Swamp Thing has always been my favorite character and this looks to be the best live action version ever done. I just really want to see Arcane at some point…looking like his Wrightson design or even the Bissette/Totleben design.
With Game of Thrones finished, How about a kick ass Warlord series? Use Grells stories as Blueprints and it will be a hit!!! Im telling you!!!

3 Likes

That morgue scene was terrifying. That little girl seeing her dad like that lowkey broke me.

4 Likes

I like the pilot. It sets every thing up for the season. I do have some questions.

1 so the swap is alive that’s cool. How dose that work with swamp thing? Can he control the swamp? Dose the swamp have some type of control over him?

2 Is the disease just a way to find a compatible host to bind with, to create The Swamp Thing?
Or is it a biological attack?

I’m sure all of this will be addressed at some point but what do you guys think? What are your big questions?

I guess I should go read more swamp thing comics.

1 Like

I cannot lie, the pilot was really cool for me. LOVE horror stuff. But I don’t see any DC Universe where it tops Doom Patrol in our household. Not to hijack the thread, but DP is hilarious and depressing, happy and sad. Would rather watch a new episode of DP than a new episode of Game of Thrones…which says something in our household. Easily our new favorite show to watch. Apologies for hijacking. :grin: