Swamp Thing (Painting)

@Razzzcat @Roger.1031 As requested (a century ago XD)
I have been incredibly busy the last few months with a full solo gallery showing, a lot of illustration/writing work, and commissions. The lockdown surprisingly brought more work my way. So I’m sorry I’ve been absent from the boards! I was ecstatic to learn we aren’t losing this great community and our comics!!! I am addicted to both.
Hope everyone has been safe and in good health. Now onto the painting! (PS:I have a finished painting of Azreal that will be uploaded in the next day or two)

“Swamp Thing Rises”
Acrylics on canvas Uploading: IMG_20201014_015533_198.jpg…

Uploading: 20201014_001037.jpg…

16 Likes

Wow.
Very Awesome™:+1:

2 Likes

Thank you :smile:

2 Likes

Great piece!

3 Likes

Ah yes. This pleases Swamp Thing.

3 Likes

It was worth the wait! Loving the work around his eyes. :green_heart: I’m happy to hear you’re well and landing work…and that your have Azreal waiting your back pocket for us.:smile:

3 Likes

Well done @Alanstamey2arts Your Swamp Thing is on point. I recently purchased and finished reading the Nancy A Collins, Swamp Thing Omnibus. A great read by the way and your Swamp Thing reminds me of that read, with the hair. He gets hair in the Collins run.

Great job and Azreal is one of my personal favorites. I look forward to that.

3 Likes

I really enjoyed the Collins run quite a bit! One of my favorites too!

3 Likes

Thanks! I’m really happy with how this one turned out. I was able to give Alec the time and energy he deserves :grinning:

2 Likes

I am honored to paint your portrait! I am proud you are pleased with it.

1 Like

Thank you so much!

3 Likes

That is really good! Great job!:grinning:

2 Likes

This is very creepy and amazing! You’re very talented. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you so much! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Glad the creepy really shined through! Swamp Thing needs to have a little bit of a spooky factor to him. And thank you for the compliment, I really appreciate it! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Definitely—thank you again for sharing! I really enjoy these when you drop by… so, uhh… :eyes: what else ya got planned? Man Bat? Xanadu? :smile: No pressure!
Take care.

1 Like

Fantastic, I just finished Collins run too, and this perfectly captures it.

1 Like

Hopefully since life’s chilling out I’ll be here more often than not :grinning:. As for future work, I’m about to post Azrael to the community. (Literally in a few minutes! ) After that I have an almost finished popular antagonist of Swamp Thing B-) then I am 100% going to have to do ManBat! Xanadu is definitely a favorite of mine so that might be on the list too. :smiley: A long term plan is to paint a group action shot of the JLD while they were possessed by Chaos. I LOVED the way they looked during that battle and can’t decide if I want to paint them only or have them fighting the Lords of Order.

1 Like

Thanks you! I definitely wanted to capture that feeling of the Collins’ era of him. It’s such a broody atmosphere and I love it. I’m happy I was able to project that.

1 Like

To ALL of this! :smile: Cant wait to see!

1 Like