Swamp Thing on the CW?

Well, this will be interesting…

14 Likes

You can say that again. I’m thinking of all the things that’ll have to be cut :face_with_raised_eyebrow: What’ll be left?
Why not drop it on HBO and Syfy?

12 Likes

It seems an odd choice, with HBO Max planning a Justice League Dark show-- I mean, will there be two Constantines? Will they ask Matt Ryan to switch shows, and production companies? It would seem pointless to NOT recast Derek Mears as Swamp Thing if he’s still in. Or are these two characters just not in play in this scenerio? Really, an alternate take version of Titans would make more sense for the CW-- at least as I sit here.

2 Likes

The article indicates that CW needs shows to fill in gaps left by Covid production delays.

It would certainly be darker than any other CW shows, and I’m taking the article with several salt grains…but that would be very interesting. Could you imagine if it gained an audience?

And I just recalled that we did see Swamp Thing at the end of Crisis.

15 Likes

I’m thinking of the scene where the redneck sticks his hand in the garage disposal, that will be gone.

9 Likes

What does that mean? Is Swamp Thing being integrated into the CW, or are they just playing it on the CW network?

3 Likes

I think some things will definitely have to be changed in order to air on a network like CW, but that’s alright! As long as it has the same heart behind it, honestly! Personally, I am very much looking forward to its comeback! I was so disappointed when it was cancelled so I’m very happy to see it being given a second chance!

6 Likes

Derek Mears’ Swamp Thing appears as part of the hidden multiverse at the end of Crisis on Legends of Tomorrow.

4 Likes

Interesting. What is it that people are saying about cutting stuff from the first season? Are they making a new season of it with a different tone, or are they changing the original show?

2 Likes

The CW is going to air Swamp Thing and 3 other series (CBS’ just-cancelled All Access Original series Tell Me a Story, a Canadian Broadcasting Corporation series called Coroner, and a comedy series from the UK called Dead Pixels) in syndication.

5 Likes

will they continue with a season 2 or just make the whole thing again?

3 Likes

I would actually prefer the CW.

Where did you read that?

1 Like

Like was said earlier, it’s to help fill some gaps in the programming schedule. It’ll be excellent cross-promotion for DC Universe.

10 Likes

All I have to say is what happened to the shows being original content that you can only get from DC Universe!

3 Likes

From what I saw they are only airing season 1. That and other streaming shows will be aired in the fall to fill the missing spots do to the pandemic. So sadly it is still cancelled but maybe airing it to more of the public could spark i great in a resurrection.

7 Likes

I think so too. As someone previously mentioned in this thread, “what if Swamp Thing, takes off on there?” It wouldn’t surprise me, an edited version won’t be as good but the show is solid. They produce good shows here on DC Universe

7 Likes

That’s what I’m sayin’!

8 Likes

Swamp Thing is already available on home video. The series will be airing on CW a year after its premiere on this site.

10 Likes

I like where your heads at—That would be fantastic! I can start fantasizing about a revival! :raised_hands: :wink: :green_heart:

9 Likes