Swamp Thing full color:) this one works!

Finally one that works! Sorry for spamming the page so much with posts that didn’t work. Here is the full color of my Swamp Thing fan piece. If anyone out there can give me some advice on how to improve my work and increase my chance of getting hired in the near future I would be so grateful:) and I’m willing to critique as well!

12 Likes

I’m glad it worked finally because your art is incredible! Really love how you drew Swamp Thing and the colors fit the horror aspect really well while also looking just great. Can’t wait to see more of your work.

4 Likes

Oh my - I absolutely love this! I thought the B&W one was spectacular, but seeing it in color just makes it so much more! @nu52 is spot on - the colors really capture the horror aspect of Swampy. Looking forward to seeing more as well!

3 Likes

Awesome :sunglasses: my question is what made you decide on the purple highlights. Very cool, I just wouldn’t have thought of.

2 Likes

Holy cow, it looks great!

2 Likes

@mgstv the purple highlights came from the idea of moonlight being the light source, but it being a little refracted from the trees and wet leaves above:) I played with a couple colors to get the right effect

@mgstv the purple highlights came from the idea of moonlight being the light source, but it being a little refracted from the trees and wet leaves above:) I played with a couple colors to get the right effect

You want to get hired as an artist? Draw a PAGE of art - tell a story in one page - 5-10 panels of storytelling, not necessarily art or drawings. It’s a good piece of art of Swamp Thing, but few people would ever be fortunate to be hired exclusively as a cover artist. You would need a BODY or work. Don’t get me wrong, there are some truly great illustrators out there that do it exclusively, but as the word implies it is an “exclusive” club.

1 Like

Neat, and full of swampy goodness too.

WOW, this is really cool! I wish I was this talented. :raised_hands:

1 Like

Brandon, cool. It definitely gives it that effect

1 Like

Nice! Glad it worked this time. :slight_smile:

1 Like

And yes great color scheme

1 Like

Looks awesome really like the whole thing. The design and colors all fit really well.

1 Like

Such an amazing sense of atmosphere and movement in this piece, @brandonallred.32290! The focus is on Swamp Thing himself, yet your eyes can’t help but explore the space around him with the vibey tones and floral accents.

I also watercolor paint and see that you asked for constructive feedback to help improve your skills. In all honesty, I can’t find a single imperfection. The palette is really well crafted, the darker tones and pops of color/highlights right where they should be. His shadowed right clavicle area with specks of white is a great use of technique. Wet-on-wet at the top is another example of smart painting. Just excellent work, all the way around - fantastic job!