šŸŒ± Swamp Thing Ep. #03 Discussion Thread: Spoiler Zone!šŸšØ

@BrightKNight Definitely agree with Sunderlandā€™s wife and the whole ghost image appearing thing. When they said they wanted to bring horror into the show, this is what I was hoping they WOULDN"T go forā€¦ It comes off like watching a really bad B tier scary movie. Itā€™s quickly turn from Creature feature thriller ā€¦to cliche scary ghost movie.
Now I know I sound pretty down on the show, but I still enjoy a lot of parts, I like Abbyā€¦for the most partā€¦I like Matt Cable a lot, and as I stated Dr Woodrue really nails the character. But the overall theme of focus on the show is sliding towards the negativeā€¦ and yea I also agree with you that showing him front and center 2 episodes in I think was a mistakeā€¦ They have a long story format for a reasonā€¦ Ease into itā€¦just donā€™t dump it in our laps. We barely saw any time with Abby and Alec. They had like 20 minutes togeher and suddenly sheā€™s deeply in love with him?

@BrightKnight, ā€œSunderlandā€™s wife could easily be cut from the show, the whole ghost of her dead daughter just doesnā€™t add anything to the story.ā€

Well maybe not yet, right? I feel like that scene was just setting up for something later, not so much as a fear factor.

ā€œST himself becomes less frightening the more he appears on screenā€

I think regardless of how they were to film this, Swamp Thing wouldā€™ve become less and less frightening as we move on with the story anyway, because Abby will start to fall in love with him. I think it could have been pretty cool to have a few episodes of Swamp Thing randomly appearing to kill/dismember the bad guys, while Abby is trying to figure out what happened to Alec, and solving the swamp flu, all the while thinking Swamp Thing is a evil force. But then we would need a whole lot more episodes, haha. But even then, Swamp Thing would have to become less frightening overtime to take the mantle as the good guy, who has scary abilities.

I think the horror aspect could really flourish when The Rot starts to be a big factor in the world (if it gets the chance to be by the end of the season).

Finally got around to watching episode 3. Swamp Thing keeps getting better week after week. Loving Derek Mearsā€™ interpretation of the character, and Ian Ziering is surprisingly great casting for Cassidy. Favorite part had to be The Rot - very X-Files. Canā€™t wait tilā€™ Friday!

3 Likes

To bad its cancelled after s1 due to creative differences. Sad when grown adults cant work on a cool project because they have less cooperative skills than my kid.

1 Like

ā€œTo bad its cancelled after s1 due to creative differencesā€

Nope.

We donā€™t know exactly what the reasoning behind the cancellation was, but we do know that it wasnā€™t because some ā€˜suitā€™ wanted it not to be a horror show.

2 Likes

DigificWriter, source? I donā€™t think we know anything for sure.

The mods here have stated that reports of ā€œcreative differencesā€ are false.

Glad to see the little snips on Daniel Cassidy. Not sure how the shows cancellation will affect the potential outcomesā€¦ slow character building is like being a passenger on a moving vehicle about to drop off a cliff. I do want to see more.

1 Like

Another solid Swamp Thing episode. The Swamp rot is deadly! They are really bringing the horror, I like it. I notice it says ā€œHDā€ next to the program and no 5.1 surround sound. I donā€™t own a 4K television, I was just wondering is any of the content 4K any longer?

1 Like

KEEP SWAMP THING ALIVE!!!SEASON 2!!! thatā€™s all I need to say love the Horror genre fresh look that is needed in these shows.

2 Likes

They finally got swamp thing right. Itā€™s mistake to let it go and they know it

1 Like

Three episodes in and this series should be called ā€˜Abby Arcaneā€™. Itā€™s about her, not Swamp Thing and not Alec Holland. Heā€™s a character in her story but no larger than Avery Sunderland.