Swamp Thing Cancelled

Thank you.

Bloody Disgusting is a very reputable horror website and considering there are many people involved in Swamp Thing from the horror community I choose to believe the story.
Which is unfortunate as I really dug the Pilot. Bad move for the service.

1 Like

@lantern-80
Admittedly, I don’t know much about Bloody Disgusting, but the fact that they are an outlet that focusses on horror shows, doesn’t give them any credibility. That would be like saying that a blog that focusses on science knows exactly what NASA is up to at all times. I’m waiting to hear from either DC, or a mainstream media outlet. The fact that neither of those two have said anything yet, makes me think that there isn’t solid evidence right now. We’ll see how it plays out later today

Still no confirmation on anything… this is not looking good.

Where are the mods?

Talking to DC upper management seeing how they can handle the crisis

1 Like

It isnt cancelled but i will probably be a long time until season 2

2 Likes

Worth noting that the Bloody Disgusting article also cites no sources nor directly quotes anyone. It just says that there are “confirmed reports” aka “an article exists”.
If you read the comments, the BD forum members do t trust the writer.

1 Like

Sipping that WB/Att kool aid much…

Don’t trust, sorry

1 Like

But it does allow them credibility. This website is deemed credible enough by production companies to have exclusive set visits and the ability to drop trailers and information as an original news outlet.
Derek Meers and Virginia Madison are both entrenched in the horror community. If I had to guess it was one of those two who were the ‘sources’ that told BD that they were informed of cancellation.
But, I like your optimism and hope it is warranted. Like I said I really dug the first episode.

2 Likes

I am telling you right now… this app this very app WB can just post something right here say “The rumors of swamp thing being canceled are not true” yet we have heard nothing! Approaching 11:30 am eastern time…

Deadline has just confirmed it

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/DEADLINE/status/1136652613238157313?s=19 It’s cancelled smh. Netflix should pick it up.

3 Likes

No that’s not enough people still won’t believe it until Swamp thing himself comes and tells them “they are just rumors”

3 Likes

I only jumped on this service for Swamp Thing so if it’s canceled, I don’t see any reason to drop my money into another year.

1 Like

Deadline just confirmed it. It’s officially canceled. God dammit.

2 Likes

Smh… I am done with this app… once my subscription ends GOOD BYE!!! Thanks for nothing WB/ATT

3 Likes

Yeah, Deadline just confirmed. WB/DC aren’t going to put out their own statement probably. That would just lead to more bad publicity and even more people being turned off from watching the rest of Swamp Thing. #SaveSwampThing

1 Like

#SaveSwampThing Go on twitter guys and get Netflix to pick it up.

1 Like