Swamp Thing and Poison Ivy

This is something I found myself getting increasingly more curious about. Is there anyone that supports the idea of Swamp Thing and Poison Ivy being a couple? I originally didn’t give it much thought because I love Swamp Thing and Abby Arcane. Granted, I have no idea what the relationship between those two is like in the modern age. I’m still murky on how they used “Brightest Day” to bring back Swamp Thing, and I haven’t really been keeping up with his story in the New 52/Rebirth.

But I have heard that these two have worked together in recent years. And to be honest, I’m starting to see the appeal of it. So, does anyone actually like the idea of a Swamp Thing/Posion Ivy couple?

7 Likes

I don’t think they’d work as a couple, but I think it’d be cool to see Poison Ivy become the next Swamp Thing

2 Likes

I always thought there should a stronger connection between the two of them Since they are both part of the green

5 Likes

@AnimalPerson They should make a Justice League Green book

4 Likes

That would be cool

1 Like

While I won’t spoil what has happened to me in recent times, I will say this: While Swampy and I are both entangled in the Green, we are not entangled with each other. Honestly, I like my men a little more…easier to influence through botany.

However, you don’t have to go far to see ole Swampy and I team up - we do so every Friday at 5:30p PST, for our Swamp Thing WAL (shameless plug intended). :wink:

Oh! And I’m all for a Justice League Green book, starring moi, of course!

7 Likes

Justice League Green led by Pretty.Poison.Bombshell with her sidekick the “Green” Lantern, Medphyll to fight the likes of super villains, Blackbriar Thorn, Rose and Thorn, and Lady Weeds

2 Likes

A loverly couple but… poor Abbster.

1 Like

Hmmm I can see it… especially with the newer more down to earth ( no pun intended) Poison Ivy that we’ve gotten recently. But I feel like both characters are too similiar… I like the idea of Abby being more ‘normal’ and Alec

My thoughts:

Fabok sure can draw Ms. Isley.

1 Like

There was a great episode of Justice League Action where Swamp Thing was under the control of Poison Ivy as they were planning a wedding

4 Likes

Not likely, if only just because Ivy is with Harley and Swampy still has eyes for Abby Arcane.

1 Like

I could see them enjoying a physical relationship.

2 Likes

I agree. Like when Swampy took possession of John Constantine’s body, which he used to make love to Abby Holland. He could plant one on Ivy as their love blossoms.

1 Like

Personally I can only really see him with Abby.

1 Like

They kind of hinted at it in injustice gods among us. I think it would be a cool story but would need to end in heartbreak of some kind.

I can’t see Swampy falling for her over Abby. But I am surprised Ivy hasn’t shown feelings for him. I would think he would be her dream man. Would think she would look at him like most women look at Jason Mamoa. Probably spelled it wrong.

1 Like

I think there was an episode of Justice League Action were she had him under control trying to marry him.

1 Like

Ah yes, Justice League Action- Garden of Evil. The blind date episode. Nice!

2 Likes

I always thought the green and poison ivy having a connection was stupid