Swam Thing Production halted early

With only 10 of the 13 contracted episode series produced the show is halting production.

While i was curious about he premise it struck me as an odd choice to for such an obscure character to have a leading show in the debut year. Im sure it would be well received but struggle as a draw to the channel.

https://www.starnewsonline.com/news/20190416/breaking-swamp-thing-to-shut-down-production-early

3 Likes

Nooo. Ugh. Hope this app is going strong. Keeps getting better. Hope this is not a sign of things to come.

3 Likes

If this can’t be resolved This is a bad sign for there Streaming service Not just Swamp Thing

2 Likes

Swamp Thing is a pretty classic character my man.

2 Likes

Ohhhhhh dear. I’m so sorry for everyone who was working on the show. I hope this represents some kind of compromise on the way to change for the better.

3 Likes

RIP DCU, Stargirl will be 9 episodes most likely. That was a interesting few months.Nice knowing everyone it was a good run. WB shut it down, Swamp Thing was a odd choice. WB Streaming is ramping up.

5 Likes

Especially bad for everyone working on the show as I am sure that a lot of them were counting on the money. But doesn’t sound good for DCU either. Hope it is a snag to bigger and better things. With the huge comics expansion and the service about to be availiable on XBox I suspect a lot of new members will be jumping on. So here is hoping this is just growing pains.

5 Likes

I hope we can just make it to nightwing debut before all of this goes to waste

1 Like

The report I saw was long on unsourced speculation and short on facts or quotes. There could be many reasons for the shorter run. Hopefully WB will clear this up quickly.

3 Likes

The report I saw was long on unsourced speculation and short on facts or quotes. There could be many reasons for the shorter run. Hopefully WB will clear this up quickly.

3 Likes

Arrrrrrrrrrrrgh

1 Like

This article has a lot of speculation. I don’t think you all should be viewing this as doom and gloom.

Here’s another article posted yesterday that talks about how good the app has been for DC.

https://www.mrt.com/technology/businessinsider/article/The-DC-Universe-streaming-service-will-cost-13089829.php

9 Likes

Thanks, BOZEA. That does make me feel a little better. Still, I hope everyone at the offices is okay.

3 Likes

I don’t know if it’s true or not but I wouldn’t believe it just yet… Not until the mods tell us themselves at least.

Alot of these small-time sites I have never heard of so I can’t trust. Considering that console support is being added, community 2.0 is happening and the addition of all those comics, my guess would be that service itself is doing well enough.

Hmmm…

2 Likes

Depending on the reasons for the delay, this could actually be good news.

Maybe the re-writes mentioned in the article are happening because Swamp Thing has been extended to 15 episodes (as Doom Patrol was), so they have to take a week or three to plan out the rest of the season.

It could be that the impending Warner Brothers streaming service likes what they see and want to sink yet more money into Swamp Thing with the thought that they could then share the show with DCU.

Positive thoughts, folks. All will be well.

1 Like

I’m not going to count dcu out for a while. I’ve been impressed by dcu and I am hopeful it will continue that way.

1 Like

BatofZ thanks for pointing out an article with actual data, too many pieces are simply a reflection of the author’s opinion (or what the author thinks his/her opinion should be based on what Twitter or their ideology tells them it should be)

1 Like

I do find it strange that this one website is the only one that ran this story. None of the other sites that just pretty much cover comic book news said a word.

I was wrong on that it was a local newspaper that wrote it other source are pick it up this morning It’s all over the place now

Better start buying milk and bread the end is neigh!!

1 Like