Superman: Year One #1 Discussion

…Okay, please don’t hurt me, but I kinda like Dark Knight Strikes Again. I mean, it’s a completely different animal than DKR and not as good, but I still have a lot of fun with it. It’s basically Super Friends meets Sin City, with a dash of V for Vendetta, and I just enjoy that contrast a lot. Plus it was one of the first comics I ever bought and read, and it exposed me to a lot of other characters that I hadn’t much experience with and made me a fan of, like The Question, Captain Marvel, and even Wonder Woman. One of my favorite Wonder Woman moments still is when she enters the fight with Superman against Brainiac riding on top of a pegasus, throwing a bolt of lightning.

1 Like

Jay Kay, it’s been awhile but I enjoyed it too.

How long until it’s revealed Martha, Lana , or Lois is a prostitute in typical crazy Frank fashion?

Typical? Can you name a character from Miller’s work that is one outside of some of the girls from Sin City and Catwoman for the first issue of Year One?

I loves me The Dark Knight Strikes Again and I’m 100% secure in saying so.

1 Like

I hope we get more works in this oversized format. But, gotta make em worth while

I hate oversized formats they dont fit well in comic boxes

@BwanaBeastguy6667 and by that you mean not at all

buying it today so i can join yall

1 Like

@BwanaBeastguy667
I read digitally so it isn’t really an issue for me.

1 Like

I actually liked this book and I’m excited to see more and that surprises me because I haven’t liked nearly any of Miller’s newer work dark night master race was kind of a let down for me the best part of master race to me were the min comics in each issue wish DC would do something like that again but Superman year on is filled with great stuff from the art to the story so far I like everything

1 Like