Superman with Long Hair Appreciation Thread (It's Not a Mullet)

This will be a small group, but I hope it won’t just be me. I remember reading some of my dad’s old Superman comics (specifically the one where a kid uses a water pistol against the villain if anyone knows which one that is I would appreciate that knowledge) and running across one with this superman. It is for that reason that I probably like it. It has a nostalgia for me. it also just seems to fit superman if batman got one it would be weird, but with superman it just works. if I’m not mistaken it also fits into the story because if you are not alive for say 5-9 months your hair will grow (in the Kryptonian not really destroyed sense, I know that’s not how it works in real life). All in all I would like to see it make a return, however, I doubt that will happen.

17 Likes

It was almost the main design used for Superman The Animated Series.

8 Likes

Superman: Faster Than a Speeding Mullet

10 Likes

I love this!

7 Likes

While I’m not a fan of the mullet, I’d love to hear more about why some people do like the Super-Mullet

5 Likes

:face_with_monocle:
:triangular_flag_on_post: :thread:

4 Likes

What does that mean?

This isnt a red flag thread if thats what you mean. :laughing:

5 Likes

a thread dedicated to mullet superman fans…this thread is dangerously tip toeing on getting red flagged. We can’t risk DC thinking that the mullet should be brought back. :hugs:

6 Likes

Ok so mullets are always a hot topic, right, but like why does he absolutely slay it.(also I love that this is a thread.)

6 Likes

Thank you @ALFRED.1943 (cough cough @Aquamon)

5 Likes

8 Likes

:face_exhaling: :disappointed:
well I tried.
May Rao have mercy on you all.

4 Likes

I’ve come in here to poo on Supermullet, Nightmullet, and others. All mullets are bad (offense intended)

3 Likes

I forgot about nightmullet, thanks!

8 Likes

Unless he’s Dick Grayson, thanks @ComicCultured for reminding me of this.

3 Likes

Noooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

4 Likes

If you google “Dan Jurgens it’s not a mullet” you will see that he has tried to explain that it was “longer hair” not a mullet. A mullet is typically short on top and only long in the back, and the way Jurgens drew it, it was longer all over. I personally don’t mind it. A man is entitled to grow his hair, shave it off, or grow a beard :slightly_smiling_face:.

9 Likes

OK, i thought it didn’t look like a mullet, but it doesn’t look like long hair either, it looks like some hybrid to me but if the artist says its long hair then I guess hes right.

3 Likes

I actually really dig the longer hairstyles on both Supes and Nightwing.

With this costume/pose specifically? Woof, this image is RAW.

6 Likes

I think they look good based on the character.

4 Likes