:superman: ☄ Superman: Space Age Discussion (Spoilers; #2 Drops 9/27) ☄ :superman:

Thankfully the page length of the issue allows for Russell to detour for long periods of time and still be able to write an issue with an ample amount of Superman.

Truth. There is a lot you can do with a character like Clark. There is the golden age toughness mixed with the wholesome understanding of the modern era right there in the beginning of the issue when he takes the pimp to New Mexico. It’s one of the reasons why I don’t discourage people from trying out more controversial runs like Bendis Superman. Because Bendis still gets the voice of Superman and that’s enough for some people to make connections with the character.

Ah that makes sense. I thought it might have been our Superman visiting a dead earth post Crisis. Or a multiverse earth/krypton he was trying to bring back because of course he would. But I didn’t make the connection that he was a multiverse variant himself. Thanks for clearing it up!

3 Likes