Superman Sketch

Got a new tan sketchbook. So, as tradition dictates, Superman gets the first page.

22 Likes

Great George Reeves Superman!

6 Likes

Oh my goodness, that is one amazing art of George Reeves Superman!:grinning: :superman:

4 Likes

great shading! I love the white highlights on the tan papeer

4 Likes

Wow that’s looks :superman:uper awesome™:+1:.

3 Likes

This is awesome! Maybe it’s just the coloring, but it seems like something you’d have on a plaque in a hall of fame. :stuck_out_tongue: I like it a lot. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Apparently Supes gets page 2 as well.

9 Likes

On to the third entry in my tan sketchbook. Another Superman. Christopher Reeve this time.

9 Likes

And now, John Newton…not technically a Superman but still Clark Kent.

9 Likes

Those are beautiful! What did you use? Pastel? Pencils?

3 Likes

Yes. Pastel sketch pencils and regular graphite with a smudge stick. (Some say “blending stump”…but I say “smudge stick.”) :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Next up for Superman is Gerard Christopher. Again, technically a Superboy but still Clark Kent.

7 Likes

Potato, po-tah-to. :blush:

And these are all so beautiful! Reeve is generally my favorite Supes, but your latest is my favorite of this sketch project!

3 Likes

I absolutely love all of these, @Z-A-C. They’re beautiful.

Props on the inclusion of the two TV Superboys as well. :+1:t2:

2 Likes

He’s become a bit controversial, but Dean Cain was the Superman of the 90’s. I’ve still got some good memories of “Lois and Clark.”

5 Likes

Now for Tom Welling from Smallville. It’s weird to me when people don’t count him as a Superman actor.

6 Likes

Went on a small side path with this Bob Holiday sketch. From the original cast of “It’s a Bird, It’s a Plane, It’s Superman.” Don’t think his hair was actually this crazy.

5 Likes

And the 70’s tv version of “It’s a Bird, It’s a Plane, It’s Superman” David Wilson.

5 Likes

Next Superman is another Superboy. Johnny Rockwell from the never picked up 1961 pilot.

4 Likes

Next in my sketchbook is Ray Middleton from the 1940 Worlds Fair. I have never actually seen a good picture of him as Superman.

3 Likes