Superman Shelved for Supergirl: HAS EVERBODY LOST THEIR MINDS!!!?

Another thought I just had, it will be interesting to see how quick Warner fast-tracks female superhero films after Captain Marvel has (what I expect to be) a huge box office turn out. While the only evidence that there is a market for female-led super movies is Wonder Woman, once there is another hit to back that up, I’m sure a Supergirl film will be right around the corner.

I for one would be happy if DC and Marvel both did nothing but female superhero movies for a while. I dig female character and want more of them on the big screen.

2 Likes

Yea I agree with you she already have her own show they shouldn’t shelve superman. They should just have her in a movie with superman then give her a movie.

4 Likes

Would rather Superman gets another movie with her in it.

3 Likes

I don’t care if it’s a Condiment King stand alone movie starring my Mail man shot on a $50 budget using a 10 year old camera phone just give me more DC movies!

2 Likes

What if your mailman was Newman from Seinfeld?

I mean, yeah he’s merry, hates broccoli and fast up a tree like no other but would you want to see him on the big screen?

2 Likes

@vroom interesting lil tidbit but Newman learned to climb trees so we’ll up here in the beautiful Pacific Northwest!!! He’s like a ring tailed Lemur.

2 Likes

Ugh* so well *sorry I gots the grammar of a 4 year old

2 Likes

And yes I’d like to see him on the big screen, only the greatest blockbuster of our generation a little film called Space Jam
If your looking for a better Looney tunes/ basketball stars team up against intergalactic dickery you won’t find one. Oh and Bill Murray’s there too

1 Like

@RDB, we may say “Hello, Newman!” or form a fist and belt out “Newman!” but he just keeps giving us new things to learn about him doesn’t he? I’d day it’s a blessing he didn’t get that transfer to Hawaii.

2 Likes

I’d *say…

Ugh, grife! Werdz be duh hard…

2 Likes

He was also a private eye in real life, while being a stuggling actor.

1 Like

He’s also done voicework for DC.

2 Likes

Pictured: Henry Cavill

1 Like

You know you are only going off of rumours. For all you know they are using a Supergirl movie as a negotiating tactic. Honestly though Man of Steel was so perfect, I am leery of a Man of Steel 2 if no Snyder.

3 Likes

Why the fuck is everyone obsessed with Snyder? He ruins everything he touches…he is the reason DCEU needs a reboot…man of steel was terrible by the way…fk Snyder

1 Like

Wow, what a deep and thoughtful critique :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

DC needs to break away from Warner Bros. Warner Bros. ruins everything. Titans and Doom Patrol are just a taste of what DC is capable of when they have control (even though they’re still technically owned/controlled by Warner Bros.) But I believe with the shows on this app they have free reign and don’t have to answer to anyone at Warner Bros. We all know what Justice League could have/should have been, and that decision was all Warner Bros. Sadly in the end it’s all about money, they could care less a out the fans. But here it’s all about the fans, so maybe in the future we’ll have DC Universe original movies that will be everything we’ve always wanted as fans, anything’s possible. Until then it’s a corporation and a few people that control everything making decisions based on profit, because that’s all that matters, how much money the films make, so they see Supergirl making more than Superman at this point, and sadly since the only reason is money, it won’t be the Supergirl the fans want. Just my opinion anyways. The saddest part is that I don’t think DC could exist without Warner Bros. Marvel is owned by Disney so they can produce more content and take chances because Disney has way more money than Warner Bros. could ever dream of. In the end it’s all just sad and depressing the more you think about it, corporations control everything, and they will do whatever they think will make the most money. They could care less about the fans.

I had read, elsewhere, that there were no current plans for a next Superman movie, but there was one for a Supergirl movie. Rumor or not, I do not know.

All I can say is that I would like more Superman movies, hopefully done better than the last several.

I like the idea of a Supergirl movie, hopefully done WAY better than the last one. I do not care if she takes on Brainiac, or any of the other regular Superman villains though, just as long as she wins.

I do feel that Superman is being disrespected and put on the sideline. They have even made Supergirl stronger than Superman now. I am all for equal rights, but when women start making men second class citizens, then it has not become equal, it has become role reversal.

MACJR

2 Likes

@DCRicky By no means is Snyder the reason why the DCEU has to be rebooted. His version of DCEU and JL never came into existence. WB’s rush to release a team-up movie before the general audience actually get to know the individual characters is the reason why it didn’t work.

2 Likes

Keep in mind that Warner Brothers Television (not DC Entertainment nor DC Universe) oversees DC Universe original content and it’s production in all ways (green lighting it, cancelling it if need be, setting production schedules, etc).

WB does tend to get things right and quite often. Maybe not always for certain live action movies, but they do know a thing or two, especially in the television and direct to video areas.

3 Likes