:superman: Superman/Shazam!: The Return of Black Adam | October 20th | 6 PM Pacific/9 PM Eastern :00_shazam:

Black Adam is in theaters this week, @DC-TV-And-Movie-Club, @JusticeLeagueBookClub and @ModernAgeSupermanClub! :partying_face:

Before you head to the theater, do join our :superman:uper, magically-infused watch-along of 2010’s Superman/Shazam!: The Return of Black Adam starring Superman, Shazam!, Black Adam and some special guest-stars in Showcases all their own. :wink: :0_green_arrow: :catwoman_hv_2:

The movie is available on physical and digital media, while also streaming on HBO Max. Our watch-along fun takes place in this thread, and begins at 6 PM Pacific/9 PM Eastern on October 20th.

Whether you’re Kryptonian, from Kahndaq or just a kid who has the ability to magically transform themselves into an adult, we look forward to seeing you and hope you’ll want to smell what we’re cooking, because this movie will rock! :00_shazam:

See ya on 10/20! :superman_hv_4:

5 Likes

Just two more hours!

2 Likes

Just 10 minutes to go!

2 Likes

I am here!

2 Likes

That’s great. Hope you’re feeling better

1 Like

And we’re off!

1 Like

Not much, but I am soldiering through so I can be here! Hope some others will trickle in.

2 Likes

Hopefully some will

2 Likes

@DC-TV-And-Movie-Club, @JusticeLeagueBookClub and @ModernAgeSupermanClub, let’s goooo! :play_or_pause_button:

3 Likes

Welp, that was the end of that date.

2 Likes

Any first-timers in the crowd, or have we all seen this?

2 Likes

I’ve seen it before

1 Like

I have never seen it ever

1 Like

Likewise. I bought the Blu-ray when it came out in 2010, and on the same day that Scott Pilgrim vs. The World dropped on Blu-ray as well.

2 Likes

Good for Billy on standing up to those pricks…even if they did momentarily have an advantage.

2 Likes

Awe, Clark being a decent human.

2 Likes

Isn’t he always?

2 Likes

George Newbern (Justice League/JLU) voices Superman here, while Arnold Vosloo (The Mummy, etc.) voices Black Adam.

2 Likes

Not during some of the Krypton stories ,)

2 Likes

Yeah. Newburn is great. The Superman voice I hear when I read comics even though Reeve will always be my favorite

2 Likes