Superman Serial Ep. 4-6 Watch Along, Saturday Nov. 23 5:00pm EST./2:00pm PST

V1
:grinning::popcorn::tv: Hello everybody, the Superman Serial Adventures continues on November 23 at 2:00pm PST/5:00pm EST with episode 4, 5 & 6.
Is Clark Kent really dead? And what is the evil Spider Lady is planning?
Find out on the next watch along on November 23rd!

4 Likes

Looking forward to it. I’ll definitely be on time for this one.

1 Like

Just a friendly reminder that we are 4 days away from the 2nd week of Superman Serial watch along. :slightly_smiling_face::popcorn::tv:

2 Likes

Is there a way to set a reminder for WALs? I recall seeing some tidbit about that in a post some where, some time and some when, but…I don’t recall the post.

I ask as I really want to be on time for this one.

I’m not sure how to do that, I learn from @JLWWSM on using a tag so anyone can get a update. She might know how to set a reminder. I’m still learning how to use the community board.

1 Like

The easiest way is to set a reminder on your personal device (I set up a calendar notice on my phone).

I’m unaware of reminders in the community, but you can get alerts for a few scenarios:

• New Topic Alert: this will send an alert every time a new topic is posted with a specific tag.
  1. Open your Profile (click on your user name)
  2. Go to Preferences > Tags
  3. Add the Watch-Along tag to the “Watching First Post” section

When a new topic with the Watch-along tag is posted, you’ll get an alert that looks like this:

• Watch or Track Topics. If you are on a device with a Keyboard and you are accessing DCU via the website, you can use the keyboard shortcuts to Watch or Track comments on a specific Topic.

Watching will give you an alert for every comment that is added to the topic.

Tracking will show a count of new comments on the topic.

Type the letter m followed quickly by the letter w to watch
Type the letter m followed quickly by the letter t to track
Type the letter m followed quickly by the letter r to return it to normal.

Note - if you use the keyboard shortcuts, nothing will happen after you type the letters (it won’t give you pop up or anything), but you’ll start to see the notifications or numbers as topics change.

To see the Keyboard Shortcuts, press the equals sign on your keyboard

2 Likes

Cool beans! Thanx. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

We are just about 48 hours away with Superman Serial watch along!
Did you know that Superman radio show played a huge role for Superman? They change Daily Star to Daily Planet, change News Editor’s name from George Taylor to Perry White. And they introduce Jimmy Olsen and Kryptonite to the series! :slightly_smiling_face::radio:

2 Likes

We are less then 24 hours away til the Superman Serial watch along, just a friendly reminder we’ll be starting at episodes 4 and end at the end of episode 6. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

These costumes and setting remind me of last week’s first episode.

3 Likes

Good call @JLWWSM. Given Maggin and Swan’s affiliation with Superman, I imagine that scene was a callback to either this serial or The Adventures of Superman (if not both).

Looking forward to the WAL!

2 Likes

T-minus just a wee bit over an hour and a half to go! :superman_hv_3:

1 Like

:grinning::popcorn::tv: We are just less then a hour away from the watch along!

1 Like

:superman_hv_3: We are less then 15 minutes away from Superman Serial episode 4!

1 Like

giphy

1 Like

I would like to say Hello and Thankyou everybody for joining, :smiley:

1 Like

i’d like to say hi and thank you reaganfan for hosting!

1 Like

2 more minutes! How do you guys turn off those pop up thing when you’re about to write?

Hi I’m here too, getting ready! What pop up thing?

1 Like

Anytime I’m about to write on here the thing pop up anytime I write about a post or thread.