Superman Returns

Is it good? I own the 4 previous movies. Since the Superman actually ors are different, are they required to watch before Superman Returns.

3 Likes

Just 1&2, Returns is a sequel to them. Some people complained about a lack of action in Returns but it is a good story. Perhaps not the best one to go with for a big budget superhero movie but I think the story was good. Routh nailed Reeve’s clark/sup’s in my opinion.

5 Likes

It was great on the big screen in 2006. It doesn’t play as well at home.

3 Likes

Alright. I’m not really a huge Superman guy. It’s just that like, I got the movies… so I might as well watch them

1 Like

IV is a guilty pleasure for me. I pretend that III didn’t happen though :rofl:

As bad as parts of III are, I think the Clark in Smallville scenes are superb.

3 Likes

I’ll give it that. But that’s all it gets from me ya hear!
#Dick&TimAreBetter!

3 Likes

Better than who?

1 Like

Jason Todd :smiling_imp: Messing with Knox, he runs a Jason Todd Book Club on here. Here’s a link to the most recent installment Jason Todd. If you already knew about it sorry just throwing it out there if not.

2 Likes

Superman Returns is a good movie that needed a better script and tighter editing, but overall it’s fun and entertaining, and certainly worth a watch.

Did you change your profile pic?

I would just watch Superman and Superman II before watching Returns. Returns has many issues, but Brandon Routh was great with what he was given, and the score is fantastic. As a whole it doesn’t work that well, but there are definitely some bright spots in there.

1 Like

Superman Returns is a loving homage to the Donner Superman films, but it goes a little too far and is almost a remake of the first movie. Brandon Routh is great but Kate Bosworth is horribly miscast as Lois, and I could never reconcile the Kevin Spacey Lex with Gene Hackman’s performance. If you enjoy the first two films it’s certainly worth watching, and even with its faults it’s much better than The Quest For Peace.

1 Like

I did. I was in the mood for something from Wildstorm, so…here we are. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like