Superman Red Son

I just saw Superman: Red Son and it was pretty good. It played fast and loose with history, but it was suspenseful and exciting. Just another example how DC leads in animation, both tv shows and movies.

7 Likes

Is it available on this dc app or will it ever be? I can’t find it?

4 Likes

@ArtIzMuzikForTheEyez it’ll be here 90 days after the blu Ray release

4 Likes

I just watched it on Amazon.

1 Like

It is available on amazon prime or other rental places for 6.99 to rent . It will be eventually available on dc app in the near future. Not sure when. I wish dc would release it here early like disney does for thier paying subscribers.Superman Red son

2 Likes

Scroll up in the thread to see when it will arrive on the service.

1 Like

Also, that other service you mentioned is streaming only. DC Universe isn’t just streaming.

If it is going to be a just a 90 day wait… ok, it’s not like I have plenty of other content to catch up on.

1 Like

When you pay $80 for a DC only app but have to pay $6.99 to watch a DC movie on another app.

2 Likes

I have to agree with @nathenleeturner.16315 that this is just another example of the top notch animation at #WarnerBrosAnimation and #DCAnimation. Now if they could collaborate on a longer feature to go up against all these Disney/Pixar flicks. The #DCLegosMovies are fun but are not of the same caliber.

Story wise, the movie, IMO, was 4.5 Stars. I just have a issue with how any version of Batman/Bruce Wayne is written in any of the animation features he is in. In RED SON, he seems to come off as more of an a-hole than he really is; thinks he is superior to everyone & once again, thinks Superman has ruined his entire existence.

I thought this version of Lex was excellent! It’s nice to see a version of Lex play both sides equally. This take on Diana/Wonder Woman was different from what I’ve ever seen and would love to see this version in live-action (in the #Arrowverse maybe?).

Can’t wait for the #JusticeLeagueDark sequel next month!

1 Like

My main issue (albeit a minor one) is that I wish the animators could adopt the style of the artist of the original story. Justice League: The New Frontier looked fairly similar to Mr. Cooke, but I would have liked Teen Titans: The Judas Contract to look like Mr. Perez and Superman/Batman: Apocalypse to look like Mr. Turner. Unfortunately I’m guessing it might not be possible.