📻 Superman Radio Listen-Along 📻 Thursday February 1st 9 pm ET Space Shell (1945) + Mystery of the Lost Planet (1947)

t’s time for the once-a-month Thursday Evening [Superman Fan Club] February 1st 2024 9 pm ET / 6 pm PT / 8 pm CT :radio: Listen-Along :radio:, open to one and ALL!!!

To join the [Superman Fan Club], please click here: Superman fan club - DC Community

Two different radio stories
The Adventures of Superman Radio Show From early 1945, continuing “Space Shell” ep 6-7

AND

The Adventures of Superman Radio Show, mid-1947 “Mystery of the Lost Planet” ep 1-3

Where : Right here on the forums! In this thread! In the comments!
When : Thursday February 1st 2024 9 PM ET / 8 PM CT / 6 PM PT / 5 PM MT
We’ll launch the shows on queue.

What to queue and save to Youtube Favorites beforehand :

There are 2 recording of the episodes we will be listening to and discussing live as they occur here in this thread Thursday evening:

1st STOP : The Adventures of Superman Radio Show “Space Shell” ep 6-7 February 1945.

Youtube* (24 1/2 minutes) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbRxUr_XN64

2nd STOP : The Adventures of Superman Radio Show, Mystery of the Lost Planet ep 1-3 April 1947
Youtube (33 1/2 minutes) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rURVO7UlqOA

All of the recordings for these Listen Alongs can be found and enjoyed on these Youtube Playlists: https://www.youtube.com/@fansofdcuniverse1918/playlists

*Please note that these are original recordings of the Adventures of Superman radio broadcasts from the time of World War II and a couple of years afterwards, 1940-1948. There may at times be statements about and representations of groups, nationalities etc that don’t have modern day sensibilities or awareness.

All Superman Radio Show episodes are public domain.

See you Thursday night!
ಠ_ಠ

:radio: Look, Up In the Sky!! :radio:

@Superman-Fan-Club

3 Likes

That Space Shell is out of this world!

2 Likes

I’m catching up right now after missing the shows last month. Speaking of shows, have you had a chance to look at the link I posted to that episode of I’ve Got a Secret featuring Bob Holiday from the 1966 stage musical?

2 Likes

I may have if it was a month ago but, please do post it again, I love “i’ve got a secret.”

3 Likes

Okay. Here you go:

I’ve Got a Secret - March 21, 1966 - YouTube

3 Likes

Very cool. I was surprised when the actor playing Superman actually took off live on old time TV!

2 Likes

Too bad they didn’t get Henry Morgan in the flying harness.

2 Likes

1 minute

1 Like

Ok, let’s start listening to the show!

1 Like

Kellogg’s Pep!

2 Likes

Its SUPERMAN!!!

2 Likes

I envision you all as flying in dramatically just now to join lol.

4 Likes

I guess the closest we have to Pep now is Kellogg’s All-Bran.

3 Likes

This was almost literally this time. You sending out the 32 minute DM message sent it to my email and I saw that it was tonight, otherwise I wouldn’t have been here tonight. I was listening to the audiobook of Ivanhoe for the classics book club in the Iceberg Lounge.

2 Likes

Cool, I hadn’t seen that new book club.

1 Like

The wind is making the talking audio hard to hear :laughing:

2 Likes

How’s Robin Hood doing at the moment?

1 Like

I’m getting cold just listening to it.

2 Likes

Always good to carry a knife on the north pole I guess

2 Likes