Superman & Lois’s Emmanuelle Chriqui Brings the Battle Home

Check out this interview to see Chriqui’s answers to questions directly from the Community! Special thanks to @moro, @DickGrayson_TheBoyFriendWonder and @HubCityQuestion for their excellent questions.

What if you suddenly discovered your husband or wife of many years is no longer the same person?

There are plenty of people who have wrestled with that question at one point or another, but usually the change isn’t quite as literal as its been for Superman & Lois’s Lana Lang-Cushing. Clark Kent’s childhood crush and best friend recently discovered that a malevolent Kryptonian had taken control of her husband Kyle’s body and mind, instilling the out-of-work firefighter with super strength, heat vision and all the other abilities that come with living under a yellow sun. Making things even worse, she discovered it after Kyle tried killing Lois Lane and her son Jonathan…which you just know is going to be a source of awkwardness at cocktail parties and game nights between the Kents and Cushings for years to come.

To get serious, though, it’s hard to imagine a more dangerous turn of events. Discovering Morgan Edge had enlisted Kyle into his top-secret “betterment” program is pretty bad news for Superman…but it’s even worse for Lana and her daughters, Sarah and Sophie, especially since Edge has plenty of reasons to hate Lana after discovering that she’d been secretly working to expose his real intentions. We were curious how bad things might get, as well as what it’s like to now have the single most awkward marriage in the Arrowverse, so we sat down with Lana Lang herself, Emmanuelle Chriqui, to discuss superheroes and their secrets, what Lana really thinks of Lois and whether marriage to a Kryptonian is all it’s cracked up to be. (In short, the next time your husband or wife forgets your birthday or misplaces the car keys, you might just want to kiss them and be grateful they’re human!)

To read the interview with Emmanuelle Chriqui (including some questions from you, the community) head on over to DC Comics!

Have you been following Superman & Lois? Let us know your thoughts in the comments :point_down:

9 Likes

Another great interview. Very fun. Great questions form everyone :+1:.

3 Likes

Absolutely, and I love it.

I’ve also followed Emmanuelle Chriqui’s career for several years. She was a great Cheetara on the 2011 Thundercats series, and her character of Paige on Tron: Uprising was fun, as was Sapphire Stagg on Beware The Batman.

3 Likes

Snow day bro. I wonder if that beetlejuice person got my zebra reference. :laughing:

2 Likes

I know not of which you speak, but it sounds intriguing, and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

2 Likes

Oh man the Snow day movie from :thinking:…google…2000.

2 Likes

I know the flick, but I haven’t seen it. Wasn’t Chevy Chase in it?

2 Likes

:pensive: yes but it’s a small part.

2 Likes

Yeah, I’m not going to put questions in anymore, what’s the point, they never get picked. I really wanted to know her perspective in being a Hispanic family in mainstream media when there’s so few, damn it.

1 Like

Unfortunately, I can only include a handful of Community questions because the network wants to make sure some of the questions help set up that night’s episode (which none of you have seen yet). I do try to include as many of your questions as I can, though!

However, I wanted to reply to you in particular because I did want to include your question, but after doing a little research, I wasn’t convinced that Lana’s family actually IS Hispanic on the series. There’s no public mention or discussion of it that I could find. I know the actor who plays her husband, Erik Valdez, is of Hispanic descent, but I’m not sure that Kyle Cushing is. Emmanuelle is Canadian with parents from Morocco. Neither Cushing or Lang are obvious Hispanic surnames.

That being the situation, I didn’t feel comfortable asking Emmanuelle to comment on something that could be potentially awkward or problematic if in fact the Cushing family aren’t Hispanic.

1 Like

They’re Hispanic in the show, at least Kyle is, he sang to Sarah in Spanish and uses Hispanic terms of endearment, like mija or mijita.

3 Likes

I’m so excited my question was chosen!!! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes::grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes::grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes