Superman Is A Jerk

I love Superman. He is one of my favorite superheroes. Still, I can’t help but laugh when he becomes Superjerk. Our collective memory seems to be through rose-colored glasses as we often think of his super-heroics in Golden, Silver, and Bronze Age comics. What we often forget are those moments, and there are many, of him being a jerk to people.

Let’s start with Superman’s Girlfriend Lois Lane 93 cover:

I will add more as I come across them. Please share your finds of Superman being a Superjerk!

18 Likes

YES!
Superman being a total jerk to Jimmy is one of my favorite bits of old comics.

16 Likes

That is hilarious! Excellent find.

Perhaps @Don-El maybe able to add some Superjerk moments!

8 Likes

15 Likes

There is a not small part of me that hopes the new Superman movie takes its inspiration from this period. I just think it would be funny if everyone was expecting something timely, groundbreaking, and socially relevant, and instead we get two hours of Lois trying and failing to marry Superman and Superman making Jimmy’s life miserable. :stuck_out_tongue:

13 Likes

All that time, sharing a comic series, for nothing?

16 Likes

I remember this cover from my childhood, although I never actually read this issue of Jimmy Olsen

12 Likes

I would love that but I cannot see that going over too well with many people.

6 Likes

Supes must have decided he wants to be the only star of World’s Finest!

6 Likes

But Bruce isn’t a witch! He’s a Witch Hunter

11 Likes

It’s too bad there aren’t more of those covers and issues yet in the dcui library for Superman’s Pal Jimmy Olsen. We do on occasion find an interesting panel during our every two week curated readings of the Superman Silver Age and Bronze.

One fun cover I am seeing here on DCUI shows Jimmy flipping the paradigm on Superman just as Kirby takes over the wheel!

10 Likes

He had to finally get his comeuppance!

8 Likes

Let’s not forget this weird horrible mistake of a cover.

12 Likes

Until these wonderful oddities are digitized, I shall continue to purchase the occasional Silver Age gem, often just for the covers.

Superman’s Girlfriend Lois Lane has some almost unbelievably unique covers that I dasen’t bring home…

Can’t understand why not digitized lol…

Actually, there is one Superman 40s Radio Storyline I am toying with using for the biweekly Wednesday night Listen Along that features a crazed killer Lois.

10 Likes

Boom, was wondering if someone got that one already. That’s one of my favorite covers of all time, and honestly my favorite inside joke with the mafia group around here. I would never say it is a mistake, because this has always been one of the greatest, most ridiculous things I’ve ever seen, and I love it.

5 Likes

Injustice, '60s version

A hero’s gotta make a living

Jerk 3

Well damn

10 Likes

“No witnesses in outer space!” main-qimg-314d4ce6aca9712d41f82ecf54fe62cd

12 Likes

Burn the witch!!

7 Likes

What makes you think he’s a witch?

7 Likes