[Superman Fan Club] :superman_fan_club: Year 2 Reading 5 September 30th 2021 Bronze Age Villains Take Over!

[Superman Fan Club] and Silver / Bronze Age Superman and Family Fans at large, this time around classic Bronze Age villains take over :0_lex_luthor:, and Batman and Robin visit! :thumbs_up_batman: :ttns_nightwinging:

Be sure to participate in our voting poll below for favorite cover this time around!

Plus…we also have two Listen Alongs a month on 2 Thursday evenings featuring the Adventures of Superman Radio Show of the 1940s plus a short 1940s Superman animation from Famous Studios! The next one is October 21st continuing the sage of the Atom Man in Metropolis plus a special Famous Studios early 40’s Superman animated feature!!!

The curated selection this time around: ACTION COMICS (1938-) #339, ADVENTURE COMICS (1938-) #382, DC COMICS PRESENTS (1978) #50, SUPERMAN (1939-) #412, WORLD’S FINEST COMICS (1941-) #77

To join the [Superman Fan Club] (and enjoy the chic benefits of membership such as direct messaging for club members only and our once a month audio Discord [Superman Fan Club] chat), click here: Click Here to Join the Superman Fan Club

To stop by the Superman Fan Club Lounge Area , click here: Club Lounge Room Entrance

And be sure keep an eye out for our twice a month Thursday evening Listen A Longs of the classic 1940’s Superman Radio Show adventures, the first and third Thursdays of the month (in the Watchalong aisle).

… … … … … :eyeglasses: … … … … … …

DC COMICS PRESENTS (1978-1986) #50 (10/06/82) DC Comics Presents (1978-1986) #50 50th Golden Jubilee Issue! The vastly-powerful Atomic Skull vs Superman and Clark Kent!!! We’ve been discussing this villain a bit in our private club area, and now here Atomic Skull is in blazing evil action!!!

:00_superman:

ACTION COMICS (1938-) #339 (07/06/66) (25 pages) Action Comics (1938-2011) #339 A special double issue (wait, haven’t they ALL been special double issues???! Featuring Superman in “MUTO VERSUS THE MAN OF TOMORROW!” (Round 2) and Supergirl in “BRAINIAC’S KRYPTONITE TRAP FOR SUPERGIRL!” Well, the split Action Comics cover was a new concept anyway for DC at the time.

:superman_fan_club:

ADVENTURE COMICS (1938-) #382 (07/02/69) Adventure Comics (1938-) #382 The Superman / Supergirl Family Super Team split up!!

:ttns_gif_krypto2:

SUPERMAN (1939-) #412 (10/02/85) Superman (1939-) #412 “Boys, boys, stop your wrestling and come inside, your supper is getting cold!” Superman kills Lex Luthor and dooms Metropolis to a nuclear holocaust…maybe!

:batman:

WORLD’S FINEST COMICS (1941-) #77 (07/06/55) World's Finest Comics (1941-) #77 Superman loses his powers and Batman gains them! Oh no, not again!

Favorite Cover From This Silver and Bronze Age Reading Selection:
  • Action Comics #339
  • Adventure Comics #382
  • DC Comics Presents #50
  • Superman #412
  • World’s Finest #77

0 voters

Please let us know your thoughts these classic Silver and Bronze Age tales. Feel free always to post favorite panels / scenes etc from these exciting, entertaining and imaginative tales.

Up Up and Away!!!

3 Likes

Which one to read first…?

2 Likes

A Ha! There is a voting poll on favorite cover now!

2 Likes

Still waking up in the morning, I pick Superman teaming up with Clark Kent, that look really interesting.:slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Yeah we have to figure out how that’s possible! we guess we’ll have to read it carefully.

2 Likes

I’ve been reading through DC Comics Presents here on DCUI and just got to #50 yesterday. I really enjoyed it. The story was pretty fun, but for me the big draw was Curt Swan pencils with Kurt Schaffenberger inks. Now THAT’s a team-up!

2 Likes

Yep Curt Swan was one of a kind!

2 Likes

Anyone else see a favorite cover here?

I just ordered this sweet appearance of Atomic Skull in The Flash comic of the Bronze Age.

George Perez cover

(not on DC Universe Infinite yet)