[Superman Fan Club] 📻 Superman Radio Listen-Along 📻 Thursday November 2nd 9 pm ET The Secret Letter (1946) + Mystery Ship (1942)

It’s time for the once-a-month Thursday Evening [Superman Fan Club] November 2nd 2023 9 pm ET / 6 pm PT / 8 pm CT:radio: Listen-Along :radio:, open to one and ALL!!!

To join the [Superman Fan Club], please click here: Superman fan club - DC Community

Two different radio stories
The Adventures of Superman Radio Show From late 1946, “The Secret Letter” ep 2-4

AND

The Adventures of Superman Radio Show, 1942 “Mystery Ship” ep 5-7 December 1942

Where : Right here on the forums! In this thread! In the comments!
When : Thursday November 2nd 9 PM ET / 8 PM CT / 6 PM PT / 5 PM MT
We’ll launch the shows on queue.

What to queue and save to Youtube Favorites beforehand :

There are 2 recording of the episodes we will be listening to and discussing live as they occur here in this thread Thursday evening:

1st STOP : The Adventures of Superman Radio Show “The Secret Letter” ep 2-4.

Youtube (21 1/2 minutes) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4gaFHBWLyk

2nd STOP : The Adventures of Superman Radio Show, Mystery Ship ep 5-7 December 1942
Youtube (35 1/2 minutes) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJhlP_UMfTs

All of the recordings for these Listen Alongs are also in this Youtube Playlist: https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLY5lxO0toreKAZJk2lGhtc_cUou_SbNHv

*Please note that these are original recordings of the Adventures of Superman radio broadcasts from the time of World War II and a couple of years afterwards, 1940-1948. There may at times be statements about and representations of groups, nationalities etc that don’t have modern day sensibilities or awareness.
All Superman Radio Show episodes are public domain.
See you Thursday night!
ಠ_ಠ

:radio: Look, Up In the Sky!! :radio:

@Superman-Fan-Club

4 Likes

This should be a fun one, working on the second storyline for the Listen Along tonight hopefully.

1 Like

Ta da.

1 Like

Testing Mic 1 2 3

1 Like

I’ll be here!!! Listening on my TV like last time. Love getting to listen to these gems with y’all!

1 Like

Got the first episode pulled up and ready to go when it hits time!

Me toooo! 3 minutes

1 Like

Let’s launch!

1 Like

Kellogg’s Pep!

2 Likes

p e p

2 Likes

The sunshine cereal!!! :sun_with_face:

2 Likes

Superman must have been on some sauce or something to think he needed to write a letter like this.

1 Like

He like all of us is compelled by hidden streams unseen.

2 Likes

I can’t wait for the modern remake where Superman wrote an email.

2 Likes

This episode is brought to you by the letter S, the first letter in Hope.

2 Likes

It would be funny to see that update! Trying to rush to be able to make sure no one reads the email and would be better to find out someone had already read it, but someone like Cat Grant that we wouldn’t know instantly what they would do.

2 Likes

What is red and white and checkered all over?

Don’t ask the newspaper staff.

1 Like

wow, lots of relationship turmoil this time around. Wow Perry is boss for a reason, sharpie guy.

2 Likes

Goodness, what filler :laughing: :rofl:

1 Like

I’m still undecided on the use of the organ in these later episodes.

2 Likes