[Superman Fan Club] đź“» Superman Radio Listen Along: Looking for Kryptonite + The Mechanical Man đź“» Tuesday 9/6

[Superman Fan Club] :radio: Superman Radio Listen Along: Looking for Kryptonite + The Mechanical Man radio: Tuesday September 6th 9 PM ET / 6 PM PT

It’s time to start up again the once-a-month Tuesday Evening [Superman Fan Club] 9 pm ET / 6 pm PT / 8 pm CT:radio: Listen-Along :radio:, open to one and ALL!!!

To join the [Superman Fan Club], please click here: Superman fan club - DC Community

2 radio stories:

The Adventures of Superman Radio Show, beginning the December 1945 aftermath of “Atom Man In Metropolis” (and WWII), “Looking for Kryptonite” Episodes 1-3 #1175-1175 !!!

The Adventures of Superman Radio Show, continuing the mad rampage of the December 1941 wartime “The Mechanical Man”! Episode 2, #0292.

Where: Right here on the forums! In this thread! In the comments!
When: Tuesday September 6th 2022 9 PM ET / 8 PM CT / 6 PM PT / 5 PM MT

We’ll launch the audio recordings on queue.

What to queue and save to Youtube Favorites beforehand:

There are 2 recording of the episodes we will be listening to and discussing live as they occur here in this thread Tuesday evening:

1st STOP: The Adventures of Superman Radio Show episodes #1175-1177 “Looking for Kryptonite,” 3 episodes, Parts 1-3, the aftermath of “The Atom Man in Metropolis” all in one recording!!! Shards of kryptonite worldwide, yikes!

Youtube 38 1/2 minute version: The Adventures of Superman Looking for Kryptonite Part 1-4, episodes #1175-1178 December 1945 - YouTube

Google drive: 38 1/2 minute mp3 audio file version: The Adventures of Superman Parts 1-4 Ep #1175 - 1178 Looking for Kryptonite [1945-12-04].mp3 - Google Drive

2nd STOP: The Adventures of Superman Radio Show continuing the 1941 “The Mechanical Man”, part 2, #0292 (December 1941).

Youtube 12 minute version: The Adventures of Superman Radio: The Mechanical Man (part 2) Episode #0292 December 1941 - YouTube

Google drive: 12 minute mp3 audio file version: The Adventures of Superman 0292 - The Mechanical Man (part 2) [1941-12-22].mp3 - Google Drive

All of the recordings for these Listen Alongs are also in this Youtube Playlist: https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLY5lxO0toreKAZJk2lGhtc_cUou_SbNHv

*Please note that these are original recordings of the Adventures of Superman radio broadcasts from the time of World War II and a couple of years afterwards, 1940-1948. There may at times be statements about and representations of groups, nationalities etc that don’t have modern day sensibilities or awareness.

All Superman Radio Show episodes are public domain.

Look, Up In the Sky!!

4 Likes

I’ll be hoping to post the actual links to the recordings in the next day or so.

2 Likes

Omg it back!!! :partying_face::partying_face::partying_face:

1 Like

Thanks! I loved using Thursday nights instead, but not during football season…Tuesday it is!!

1 Like

Ok, all the Youtube files are ready to go. @Jay_Kay fyi, Batman and Robin again will be featured the next few months, due to Superman being shy about shards of kryptonite!
@discordia57 @clucktrent

1 Like

Alas, I’m working a closing shift tomorrow so I won’t be able to be there for it, but thanks for the shout out. Hope you guys have fun with it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Vroom Have you seen this toy set before?

2 Likes

I have! Its by Mezco Toys (or “Toyz” per their promotional copy) and is from their 5 Points line.

It was supposed to be out some time ago, but has had a few delays. Last I knew, the most current release date/window was this December.

I’ve been a good boy this year, so its among the top items on my list for “Santa”. :grin:

1 Like

Thanks Pal! So I didn’t miss it, that’s cool!

1 Like

You’re welcome. :superman_hv_4:

If you want, you can pre-order the set right here:

I’ve been a customer of BBTS for 20 years, so they’re definitely a good spot to score your plastic fix from.

1 Like

Oh my less than 3 hours to go

1 Like

I’m ready!

1 Like

I’m going to start queuing these up on my Roku You Tube.

If we have time I’m tempted to post a link for one of the Superman cartoons from the 40s as well at the end, we’ll see.

1 Like

I’d love that!!

I’m thinking the episode that the toy set featured at the top of the thread comes from.

Well hopefully there aren’t two or three of the similar cartoons back from back then LOL

1 Like

That is such a great episode, although I think the dinosaur one is my favorite!

1 Like

@patterson65.37405

1 Like

There we are,

1 Like

Yeaaay!!

2 Likes

:partying_face: