[Superman Fan Club] đź“» Superman Radio Listen Along: Looking for Kryptonite + The Mechanical Man đź“» Thursday 10/6

It’s time for the once-a-month Thursday Evening [Superman Fan Club] 9 pm ET / 6 pm PT / 8 pm CT:radio: Listen-Along :radio:, open to one and ALL!!! NOW FEATURING NO ADS WITH MP4 FILES!!

To join the [Superman Fan Club], please click here: Superman fan club - DC Community

Two different radio stories:

“Looking for Kryptonite” Episodes 5-6, #1179-1180, The Adventures of Superman Radio Show, continuing the storyline after the December 1945 deadly aftermath of “Atom Man In Metropolis” (and WWII), !!!

“The Mechanical Man”! Episode 3-5, #0293-0295, The Adventures of Superman Radio Show, continuing the mad rampage of the terrifying December 1941 wartime story!

Where: Right here on the forums! In this thread! In the comments!
When: Thursday October 6th 2022 9 PM ET / 8 PM CT / 6 PM PT / 5 PM MT

We’ll launch the audio recordings on queue.

What to queue and save to Youtube Favorites beforehand:

There are 2 recording of the episodes we will be listening to and discussing live as they occur here in this thread Thursday evening:

1st STOP: The Adventures of Superman Radio Show episodes #1179-1180 “Looking for Kryptonite,” 2 episodes, Parts 5 and 6, the aftermath of “The Atom Man in Metropolis” all in one recording!!! Shards of kryptonite worldwide, thanks to the evil Scarlet Widow, yikes!

Youtube 20 minute version: "Looking for Kryptonite" The Adventures of Superman Radio Show episodes #1179-1180, Parts 5 and 6 - YouTube

Video MP4 on Google Drive: Looking for Kryptonite 5-6.mp4 - Google Drive

Google drive: 20 minute mp3 audio file version: The Adventures of Superman Parts 5-6 Ep #1179 - 1180 Looking for Kryptonite [1945-12-04].mp3 - Google Drive

2nd STOP: The Adventures of Superman Radio Show #0293-0295, continuing the 1941 “The Mechanical Man”, parts 3, 4 and 5 (December 1941).

Youtube 33 minute version: The Adventures of Superman Radio Show “The Mechanical Man”, parts 3, 4 and 5 #0293-0295 (Dec 1941) - YouTube

Video MP4 file on Google Drive: mech man 3 4 5.mp4 - Google Drive

Google drive: 33 minute mp3 audio file version: The Adventures of Superman 0293 0294 0295 - The Mechanical Man (part 3 4 5) [1941-12-24].mp3 - Google Drive

All of the recordings for these Listen Alongs are also in this Youtube Playlist: https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLY5lxO0toreKAZJk2lGhtc_cUou_SbNHv

*Please note that these are original recordings of the Adventures of Superman radio broadcasts from the time of World War II and a couple of years afterwards, 1940-1948. There may at times be statements about and representations of groups, nationalities etc that don’t have modern day sensibilities or awareness.

All Superman Radio Show episodes are public domain.

See you Thursday night!   

:radio: … ಠ_ಠ … Look, Up In the Sky!! … …ಠ_ಠ … :radio:

3 Likes

Woot woot!!!

2 Likes

Ok, all the Youtube or Google Drive audio links are set and added! We are good to go for Thursday!!

2 Likes

This monthly Listen Along now features free no commercial mp4 video file versions of the radio show episodes!

2 Likes

I’m so excited!

2 Likes

Hello this is happening tomorrow night alert

2 Likes

I’ve got it on my calendar!

1 Like

Thanks. I’ll remind the crew later tonight after I put together the latest reading for the club.

2 Likes

Less than 5 hours to lift off!

2 Likes

I’m ready to go!

1 Like

just finishing up She Hulk lol

2 Likes

I can delay my start if you need a few minutes to switch over :slight_smile:

1 Like

ok, I have this prepped on youtube. hope there are no commercials, they are getting real bad with that on the free version

2 Likes

1 minute. luckily I prepped it earlier lol

2 Likes

I agree. It’s getting out of hand.

1 Like

per my clock, it’s launch time!!

2 Likes

Looking for Kryptonite is first.

2 Likes

I love that you can hear the record scratch.

1 Like

oh, cool, I didn’t realize this is from a record originally.
maybe we should change this to the Batman and Robin hour.

2 Likes

squeely

2 Likes