[Superman Fan Club] 📻 Superman Listen-Along 📻 Thursday January 4th 9 pm ET Space Shell (1945) + A Mystery for Superman (1942)

It’s time for the once-a-month Thursday Evening [Superman Fan Club] January 4th 2024 9 pm ET / 6 pm PT / 8 pm CT :radio: Listen-Along :radio:, open to one and ALL!!!

To join the [Superman Fan Club], please click here: Superman fan club - DC Community

Two different radio stories
The Adventures of Superman Radio Show From early 1945, beginning “Space Shell” ep 3 (recordings for episodes 1 and 2 do not exist, and ep 5-6 in the archives are identical to ep 3, but that’s ok)

AND

The Adventures of Superman Radio Show, 1942 “A Mystery for Superman” ep 3-5 (Conclusion) March 1942

Where : Right here on the forums! In this thread! In the comments!
When : Thursday January 4th 2024 9 PM ET / 8 PM CT / 6 PM PT / 5 PM MT
We’ll launch the shows on queue.

What to queue and save to Youtube Favorites beforehand :

There are 2 recording of the episodes we will be listening to and discussing live as they occur here in this thread Thursday evening:

1st STOP : The Adventures of Superman Radio Show “Space Shell” ep 3 (start of storyline) February 1945.

Youtube* (21 1/1 minutes) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_ahnxaHVLw

2nd STOP : The Adventures of Superman Radio Show, A Mystery for Superman ep 3-5 (Conclusion) March 1942

Youtube (33 1/3 minutes) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7spk5CdHqs

*Please note that these are original recordings of the Adventures of Superman radio broadcasts from the time of World War II and a couple of years afterwards, 1940-1948. There may at times be statements about and representations of groups, nationalities etc that don’t have modern day sensibilities or awareness.
All Superman Radio Show episodes are public domain.

All of the recordings for these Listen Alongs can be found and enjoyed on these Youtube Playlists: https://www.youtube.com/@fansofdcuniverse1918/playlists

See you Thursday night!

ಠ_ಠ

:radio: Look, Up In the Sky!! :radio:

@Superman-Fan-Club

4 Likes

oo oo what’s a Space Shell???

3 Likes

I’ll be here because I need to know the answer to this question!!

2 Likes

I’m in a mad panic to get these recordings slapped together in time LOL.

2 Likes

I hope you are able to get it done!! If not, we will survive but I will make sure to leave time in my schedule if it gets pushed at all. You got this friend, you can do it!!

2 Likes

Space Shell now loaded, next up “A Mystery for Superman” before we all meet.

2 Likes

Everything is set up now, we are good to go for Thursday 9 pm ET / 6 pm PT.

2 Likes

Great!!! I will be here tomorrow. Can’t wait.

2 Likes

Once again I am going to listen to the radio shows through my phone speakers while typing away madly here on my tablet with wireless bluetooth keyboard.

2 Likes

Raring to go! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

2 minutes to show time

1 Like

1 minute

Ok, let’s start listening to SPACE SHELL!!

2 Likes

I want those planes!!!

1 Like

Kellogg’s PEP! lol

2 Likes

i-cant-wait-to-see-how-this-turns-out-gif-rupaul-opera-glasses

2 Likes

We have lots of scenes of Perry White driving around with either Lois, Clark or Jimmy in the various storylines and years rolling by.

1 Like

The sound is really good on this one. I have heard some that was hard to hear at times.

2 Likes

Yup, the next one from 1942 tonight is more like that.

2 Likes