[Superman Fan Club] 📺 Superman 50’s TV Show Monthly Watch-Along 📺 Wednesday August 5th 9 PM ET / 6 PM PT / 7 PM MT / 8 PM CT

Look, up in the sky! The once-a-month first Wednesday Evening of the month [Superman Fan Club] :tv: Watch-Along :tv: is approaching QUICKLY!!!

This time we are focusing on TV shows that have a parallel Comic Book story published around the same time as the broadcast!

Adventures of Superman 50s TV TV Guide Cover

2 short episodes = a fun way to celebrate the halfway point of the week!!! Join the [Superman Fan Club] as we dig into these slickly-produced, exciting and important exploits of the Man of Steel during the earliest days of Television nationwide!

Where: Right here on the forums! In this thread! In the comments!
When: Wednesday August 5th 9 PM ET / 6 PM PT / 7 PM MT / 8 PM CT

We’ll launch the recordings in perfect unison like salmon swimming upstream at the appointed time!

What to queue and save to Favorites beforehand:

SEASON 2, EPISODE 26 “Around The World” Around The World
Superman helps restore vision to a sightless child who doesn’t believe in Superman. RELEASE DATE: MARCH 13, 1954 The same story appears in early 1955’s “The Girl Who Didn’t Believe in Superman” Superman #96

around the world

SEASON 2, EPISODE 12 “Panic in the Sky” Panic in the Sky!
Superman must act fast to save the Earth from floods and earthquakes caused by an asteroid’s proximity, while combating amnesia. RELEASE DATE: DECEMBER 5, 1953 The plot of this episode was adapted to the comics in World’s Finest Vol 1 68, titled “The Menace from the Stars!” published pretty much the same time, cover date January 1954.

panic

The reason for the same stories appearing both places seems to be that Whitney Ellsworth worked back then as both the Editor for Superman comics and as the producer for the Adventures of Superman show!
Hope to see you Wednesday night
ಠ_ಠ
:tv: Look, Up In the Sky!! :tv:

2 Likes

See you all in 2 hours!

30 minutes!

I really hope @Reaganfan78 @msgtv and @TheCosmicMoth all can make it!

1 Like

For sure. Hopefully they bring virtual snacks too!

1 Like

I have Around the World ready to go!

1 Like

2 minutes. Seems crazy the first episode is “number 26” in Season 2.

Also, both episodes are in black and white tonight. Normally I like to mix in an episode in color, but we are doing a comic book theme tonight.

1 Like

1 minute. We’ll watch the intros both times.

Happy to be joining you tonight

2 Likes

It’s time, Let’s go!

1 Like

I wonder why they never changed the “leap tall buildings” thing when they had him flying.

2 Likes

present. We’re starting with #26 yeah?

3 Likes

Good evening to you @clucktrent and @D4RK5TARZ and @jay

1 Like

Wow, @Aquamon!

2 Likes

Love that little bounce after landing, just a little extra showmanship.

2 Likes

Good question

1 Like

A trip around the world!

1 Like

Superman being extra salty for his alter-ego’s sake. :laughing:

3 Likes

What color was the suit really for the B&W?

3 Likes

Reeves didn’t like the wire and insisted he jump down for his landings

2 Likes